Connection to Proxy OK but IP still the one of my ISP

General Discussion about ChrisPC Anonymous Proxy Pro - Protect your privacy and surf anonymously
Tactictoe
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Connection to Proxy OK but IP still the one of my ISP

Post by Tactictoe »

Here is my configuration, Windows 7 64bits, ADSL connection and standard firewall (the one of windows). Browser: mozilla firefox 29.0.1.

Here is the problem: Using ChrisPC Free Anonymous Proxy I discovered that I am not anonymous at all even the software told me I am connected to a proxy and congratulating me for it. By checking my IP I still have the one allocated by my ISP.
So I tried to: Quit Firefox and ChrisPC free Anonymous Proxy (5.20) Relaunched ChrisPC free Anonymous Proxy, reconnect using the mode Anonymous Proxy Mode. Successful connection as usual then launching Mozilla Firefox and checking the IP... same old same problem. Reboot the machine, try again... same. Restore Firefox to default, try again... nada. Uninstall ChrisPC software and try again, reboot .... blah blah after 5Hours of all sort of tries I gave up. I did intend to buy the pro version but if I cannot make work the free one.... Oh I even did flush the DNS catalog and the whole lot to reset my lan connection and reboot(Netsh Int Ip Reset C:\reset.log, Netsh Winsock Reset, IPCONFIG ?flushdns...) but I cannot make this software work with Mozilla firefox.

It works with Internet explorer thought but I refuse to use this horrible browser of Microsoft as if sick my system sick. It is just like mozilla firefox refuse this software, hmmmm.

Here is my question? What do I do wrong to make this software work?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Connection to Proxy OK but IP still the one of my ISP

Post by Chris »

Check the following in Firefox: Tools Menu->Options->Advanced button->Network tab->Connection Settings.
You should have there set the automatic proxy configuration URL to the chrispc_proxy_fox.pac file.

Also make sure that you set in ChrisPC Proxy to apply the settings for Firefox browser too.
Tactictoe

Re: Connection to Proxy OK but IP still the one of my ISP

Post by Tactictoe »

Thank you for the prompt and fast answer. It works fine.