Can Not Switch Christv From Pal To Ntsc

General Discussion about ChrisTV PVR Software
adachan
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by adachan »

I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I am using the free lite version of ChrisTV. It seems like something I would be interested in because I can use it to watch analog TV and play my XBOX360 in a window on my desktop. This is something I am interested in. However, I am having a problem getting the setup to function properly.

First I should point out that I can get the card (Ati TV Wonder Pro) to function perfectly using the capture AVI feature in VirtualDub. So I know everything works just fine.

Next, When I run the setup of ChrisTV, it seems to work. However the problem I am having is that for some reason, ChrisTV thinks my card is PAL. I have tried to override this setting in the setup, but it doesn't take, and always is locked to PAL.

The interesting thing is that when I then go back to VirtualDub, the card thinks it is set to PAL, and I have to change the setting in VirtualDub back to NTSC. This works to watch TV in VirtualDub, but I would like to get ChrisTV to work properly.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks!!
adachan

Post by adachan »

Ok, I figured this out in a weird way. I have a webcam installed on my system. After telling ChrisTV to use NTSC, and it did not, I told it to use my webcam as the video source. That worked fine. Then switched the input back to the TV Card, and voila, all was well, the tuner was using NTSC!!!