Titantv Listings

General Discussion about ChrisTV PVR Software
Glennbo
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Glennbo »

Ok, so I almost have a C# program that will work with the TV Guide listings at TitanTV.com I'm *NOT* a C# programmer, so this is probably pretty sloppy looking, but I am really close to having something that can work to replace the Zap2It Labs service that is closing. My source code will compile and generate a line like this.

C:\Program Files\ChrisTV PVR\ctv_browser"
-addrec" "4" "20070904" "15:00" "16:00" "Hollywood Showdown"

The only problem I need some help with is the date isn't in the correct format, and I don't know how to do string manipulation in C#, and the times are GMT, and would need to be able to be offset by the end user. If you know how to program C#, help me finish this so others can have it. I wish Chris would just implement something like this into ChrisTV, as it doesn't seem to be that difficult. ( if you know C# ;)
Glennbo

Post by Glennbo »

Attached to this post is the file "TitanTV.exe" which will program ChrisTV Agent from the free TV listings at http://www.titantv.com To make it work, you will need to associate the file type .tvpi with my file TitanTV.exe, then when you click the "record" icons at TitanTV.com, the small XML file will get processed by my program, which will in turn make a call to CTV_Browser.exe, passing it the data from TitanTV.

What it will and won't do.

TitanTV.exe will figure out from your computer the time offset from GMT so the shows should get the correct dates and times. All the listings at TitanTV are in UTC format, and must be converted to your time zone, which should work automatically.

TitanTV.exe does *not* however have the slightest idea of what names you might have given the TV channels in ChrisTV, so it will only works if your channels are strictly numbers. In other words if you set ChrisTV so that channel 4 says "4 - NBC" or something, my program doesn't know you called it that and is going to simply program ChrisTV Agent to record channel "4". It also does not know what you might have already programmed to record, and will *not* warn you in any way shape or form that you have created overlapping schedules.

Bottom line is this works for me, and hopefully it will work for you too. I will include the C# source code in a following post since I think this forum will only allow me to attach one file per post. Also, I hereby authorize Chris to include this file with ChrisTV, as well as modify my original source code. Like I said in the beginning, I'm not a C# programmer, but sort of became one for this project. I'm sure Chris or some of you could improve this program, so have at it!!!
Glennbo

Post by Glennbo »

Ok, so this forum won't let me upload an executable, so here's where you can get it.

http://members.cox.net/spambaconandspam/TitanTV.exe

I will attach the source code to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Thank you for your feedback and help.

We can try to add a mapping feature to sync the TV channel name with a channel ID(fixed name) like it's made at the moment with TVgenial.