Support For Kworld Plustv Hd Pci 120?

General Discussion about ChrisTV PVR Software
Xenomorph
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Xenomorph »

Information I have on it:
* Xceive XC3028 (tuner & analog IF demodulator)
* Samsung S5H1409 / Conexant CX24227 (digital demodulator)
* Conexant cx2388x (A/V Decoder & PCI bridge)

On a clean install of ChrisTV (Pro or Lite), it goes through the setup, detects the Conexant tuner drivers, and goes to the channel setup.

Sometimes it tells me it detects channels, but never displays or tunes anything if I try to go to those channels.

Conexant cx2388 Tuner, Audio, Video, etc are all listed in the setup for the program. It lists the tuner as "PAL_B" or something even when I keep setting it to the correct NTSC_M setting.

If I tell it to try alternative tuning methods, the program always locks when trying to detect or tune channels.

The KWorld PCI 120 has different hardware than the KWorld 115 and 110. I haven't found any info on getting this card to work with programs like DScaler or ChrisTV.

It works fine with programs like TheFlyDS (analog) and WatchHDTV (digital).

I've been a fan of ChrisTV for a while, and was hoping I could get it to work for analog support.
Xenomorph

Post by Xenomorph »

Ok, I finally got it working.

It's a lot more simple than I was making it. The solution to get it to work is - less is more!

- Clean install of Chris TV (Lite/Free or PVR/Pro).

- Set "Wave" to be the sound input.

- When it asks to scan channels - DON'T!

- Enter channels manually.

I've found no combination of "alternative scanning" options that actually worked. I've gone through and checked and unchecked each option. Going with just one, one or two, all check boxes, etc. Nothing worked.

Even when entering channels manually, nothing appeared. This is when I usually started messing with options. When I'd go to look at my tuner's properties, it would list it as PAL instead of NTSC for the tuner and mono instead of stereo for my sound.

- Close and re-open the program.

I suddenly had a channel!

- Go to Video Rendering and Uncheck Overlay, set Advanced Render, set VMR-9.

- Activate FFDShow to enable deinterlacing and crop.

- Close and re-open again.

Things seem to be working fine again as it did with my old card (STB TV PCI).

Attached is the channel list I use in St. Louis, MO (Channels 2, 4, 5, 9, 11, 30 and 46)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.