Wintv Hvr-1300 Vs. Pvr-350

General Discussion about ChrisTV PVR Software
ph4nt0m
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by ph4nt0m »

Hello,

I'm planning to buy a TV card the next days. A hardware-encoder seems to be quiet a nice thing, so there isn't much left to choose from ;) The problem now is that Hauppauge cards seem to be very good concerning the board itself, but the "WinTV 2000" software is very poor as many people say. So I found the fantastic ChrisTV and saw on your website that you offer special support for Hauppauge Cards (here). Especially the features listed there sound very interesting, but now the site says:
ChrisTV comes with advanced features and settings available for the Hauppauge PVR series TV Cards
What about the new HVR-1300? It has a hardware-encoder, too, but the sentence only refers to PVR series. Is ChrisTV also able to offer all those features listed on that site for the HVR-1300, too, or only for PVR models?

Thanks in advance,
ph4nt0m
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

The features are available for HVR-1300 (analog tuner).

You can find the configuration guide here :
http://forum.chris-tv.com/index.php?showtopic=2431

Please note that only ChrisTV PVR Professional and Standard support this device.
ph4nt0m

Post by ph4nt0m »

Thank you for your answer. I ordered the HVR-1300 now :)
Your site says if I order ChrisTV now, I'll receive all 5.x updates "for free". How long is ChrisTV planned to stay at version 5? What happens if ChrisTV 6 is released? Will existing customers be able to buy an upgrade at a reduced rate, or will everybody have to buy the new version for the regular price then?

ph4nt0m
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

ChrisTV PVR is now at version 5.10. We plan to release at least version 5.50 before 6. You can check version history.
Regarding upgrade, there will be a special upgrade price like is now for old users 4.xx to 5.xx