Noise With Audio

General Discussion about ChrisTV PVR Software
TIX
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by TIX »

Hi i have a Typhoon Tview Pci tuner with radio Fm and i get an audio noise on all channels.

If i hold pressed left mouse button on a close X (icon program) the noise seems to disappear, and the audio is very clear, but when i release the mouse button the noise appears again... so i doubt it's a radio disturb from my pc or external (220volts) antenna..
Please how can i resolve this terrible noise and have a persistent good audio?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

This is a hardware problem and is not related to ChrisTV.
Try to change the PCI Slot for your TV Card and make sure that there are no interfereances.
TIX

Post by TIX »

Tried to change slot ... but is the same... please read carefully what i say... it's a strange problem.. and is caused by all tv viewing programs , not only ChrisTv
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Check this http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/vi ... php?t=5428
It's not caused by the tv softwares, it's a hardware interference problem.
TIX

Post by TIX »

Ok thanks Chris, but why the interference stops when i press left mouse button on the "X" (icon) of browsers and programs? And they reappears when i release the mouse button? I think it's another trouble..
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

Pressing the button changes the operating system priority for awaiting the user input and hardware monitored with wider intervals, as result, one one more devices (usually video card) spend more time in "passive" mode - it is changes conditions of interference. Try to update drivers. Sometimes, poorly written drivers generate abnormal hardware modes (not only drivers - for example, overclocked system generates noise in 80% of cases). You can't change conditions with 3rd party software. Only properly installed hardware and drivers help in that situation.
TIX

Post by TIX »

Ok, i'll try to reduce overclock of my athlon 2500xp @t 3200.
Tried to reduce overclock of my ati radeon 9800 pro modded to xt but no changes in sound noise....

However thanks.. :)