Youtube Downloads really slow lately

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
farisr
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Youtube Downloads really slow lately

Post by farisr »

Over the last few days or so (before and after updating to the latest version), I've seen downloads take a really long time compared to before. At most it downloads at 1 mb/s, usually well below it. Whereas before it could utlilize the extra available speed of my connection without any issues (I can download up to 40mb/s with my connection and it used to download near at least half of that speed before).

Wondering if this is a known issue or not.
passat1943

Re: Youtube Downloads really slow lately

Post by passat1943 »

same to me since today and a pop up window tells me, a new version has been released.
But there is no new version (I have already the latest 9.12.28)
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

I'm seeing the same (unrelated) issues here - slow Youtube downloads since Tuesday late afternoon (GMT), and a notification from my v9.12.28 that there is a newer version.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

YouTube is blocking download rate bypass, so the download is at same rate as if video was played/watched.

Only DASH streams seem to be affected.
passat1943

Post by passat1943 »

Chris, that's right, only Dash-streams are affected.
But if I choose 1080p MP4 H.264 high only 720p is possible
farisr

Post by farisr »

1080p MP4 High hasn't worked or been a thing for ages for me, I had figured that YT may have just stopped having that format which is why it was no longer available when selected.

But anyways, Chris, any ideas or plans to implemented a multi-threaded download system for DASH files that while, not getting around it completely, does complete downloads significantly faster.

I have another app I use that captures downloads and runs a multi-threaded download that basically downloads at 20mb/s right at the start of the download and then eventually goes down to an average of 5-8 mb/s, which is still a lot better than sub 500kb/s downloads that are currently happening with single threaded download.

I'd prefer being able to use this apps other features, like adding in playlists, or capturing YT videos by just copying the link, having the quality automatically set etc. rather than having to open each video individually that I have to do with that app.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

We are working on adding an improved download mode and will have a beta version soon.
If you want to test it, send an email with your order number to support.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Version 10.02.08 brings segmented download option to improve YouTube video download by up to 12x times (this feature needs to be activated in Settings->YouTube).
https://www.videoyoutubedownloader.com/ ... ional.html