General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
schabau
Advanced Member
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Question about the license

Post by schabau »

Hello,
I have a question about the currently offered license.
I still use ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro 7.xx since it made no sense in the last two years for German users to buy a newer version.

Now I read in the forum, that from the next version may also RTLNOW will work again and consider buying a new version of ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro.

The prices have increased a lot in the last years and I have to ask myself why. Updates were mainly limited to ensuring that ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro does what is promised, almost bug fixes.

I will not buy a lifetime license, because we were left alone in Germany with the problem with NOWTV for two years and the price for that is outrageously high.
Now I see that the "normal" license is no longer for a version "X.XX" but for a year.

Does that mean that ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro only works for one year with such a license or that I only get one year of updates.

Best regards
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Question about the license

Post by Chris »

The video websites continually change layout and video streaming, we continue to update our software to support more video websites with each version.

The software has support for many websites. It's up to you, if you use the software just for 1 video website.

ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro - 1 Year Subscription ensures the use of the software for 1 year and gives access to all updates and bug fixes during this period - for 1 PC.

As you upgrade from previous version you will receive a 15% discount. Please send an email to support if you decide to upgrade with your order number.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

You can use the software for 1 Year, after that you need a new subscription.
schabau
Advanced Member

Post by schabau »

Chris wrote: The software has support for many websites. It's up to you, if you use the software just for 1 video website.
And it's not just about a website.
With ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro there were always problems with sites like SAT1 and PRO7. Then it was only said that the video DRM Protected and man can do nothing.
Does SAT1 and PRO7 currently work with ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro?

There is enough free software for YouTube.

For everything public (ARD, ZDF, ...) I can use the free software MediathekView.

Much is then no more, which is interesting for German users.

That's why I'm thinking very carefully, again money (and much more than the other versions) for ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro to pay and in case of problems again maybe several years to own a software that does not do what was promised.

Best regards
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

You need to understand that It's not the software fault, if the website changes and download is no longer possible.
If possible we update our software to work again with those video websites.
schabau
Advanced Member

Post by schabau »

But you should also understand the German users.

They announce that ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro will be back on NOWTV in the next release.

If it is again like the last big problem, ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro will not work again the next time you change the NOWTV page.

In the worst case I buy a license for a year, after a few days the download on NOWTV, SAT1 and PRO7 does not work anymore and it will take several years to fix the problem. But then the license expired long ago.

Best regards