UKTVPlay

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
BestGear
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Re: UKTVPlay

Post by BestGear »

Hi

I have have similar issues now too - the files do download and then disapear with no output files - and history shows 0 size.

I have tried different resolutions to no avail and obviously use linkfinder.

I am using V8 however if that makes any difference.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

BestGear wrote:Hi

I have have similar issues now too - the files do download and then disapear with no output files - and history shows 0 size.

I have tried different resolutions to no avail and obviously use linkfinder.

I am using V8 however if that makes any difference.
Try to reinstall the software.
BestGear

Post by BestGear »

Chris wrote:
Try to reinstall the software.

Thanks - sadly still no joy.

Any other logs or things to look at?

Tried different bitrates and content but they are all the same.

I will install the license on another PC (after removing the original install) and see if I still have the problem.
james

Post by james »

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, updated to v10.05.31, but still UKTVPlay won't work! Either I get the first 10 seconds or so only, or a file which seems to have errors causing the player to pause in the manner I described earlier. I've tried every bit rate available, both converting and not converting, and anything else I could think of.

ITV seems OK. So I don't think it's me. Is UKTVPlay now a site which VideoTube Downloader can no longer work properly with?

Thanks.
hans302
Advanced Member

Post by hans302 »

Hi - Just to let you know that I have no issues with UKTV Play - I download loads of content each day.

I do though have a VIRGIN SUPER-FAST internet connection. So I would have to assume that your slow connection is timing out at the server at their end when you download from UKTV Play. ITV probably has a different set-up.

Not much help I know but may give you some pointers.

Regards
Hans
james

Post by james »

Hans - Thank you for your input regarding UKTVPlay. It is most helpful to know that you have confirmed successful downloads.

Chris - Could I ask, is there any way of getting around this? As I mentioned, my whole reason for having VideoTube Downloader pro is to get around the slow broadband I have here. It's a rural area, and no chance of getting any better. How could VideoTube Downloader compensate for a slow arriving data stream?

Thanks.

James
james

Post by james »

I'm still trying to make this work!

So I discovered I had a copy of v10.04.27. I uninstalled the current, and installed this version. But still the same fault as reported.

I know that the version I used on 28th December 2017 worked for me, as I have a file from UKTVPlay from then. Chris, what version would that have been, and could I have a copy of it, please to try out?

Thanks again,

James
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

james wrote:I'm still trying to make this work!

So I discovered I had a copy of v10.04.27. I uninstalled the current, and installed this version. But still the same fault as reported.

I know that the version I used on 28th December 2017 worked for me, as I have a file from UKTVPlay from then. Chris, what version would that have been, and could I have a copy of it, please to try out?

Thanks again,

James
Send an email to support with your order number, to get in touch.