UKTVPlay

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
james
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

UKTVPlay

Post by james »

Hi

Has anyone experienced a "hiccup" problem with UKTVPlay?

Previously I downloaded without error, but now the replay stutters (hiccups) from time to time, and seems to miss a portion of data. Could someone try this link to see if they get the same problem as I do?

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/dave- ... 3300770001

Thanks,

James
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: UKTVPlay

Post by Chris »

Make sure to use the Link Finder Engine in Android Mode and get the M3U8 file.
james

Post by james »

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply. Yes. That's what I've been doing. I've tried all sorts of things, but I'm unable to get a clean download. ITV works just fine. I just wondered if anyone was able to replicate this problem, because if they are, then it isn't me! It must be UKTV.

:)

Thanks again.

James
james

Post by james »

An update...

I've also noticed that sometimes the download will stop at around the 5:50 minutes mark. I tried another download from UKTVPlay earlier today, and this is what happened. All I got was the first 5:50 minutes.

Could this be linked to the stutters in replay that I'm experiencing?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

James.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

This sounds like very slow internet connection timeout.
Do you use a VPN ? Do the parts download slow?
james

Post by james »

Hi again Chris

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I do have a slow connection. I'm in a rural location, at the extreme end of what a copper cable can deliver, and maximum I receive is 2.33mbit. Therefore downloading is an absolute MUST, as I simply cannot watch by streaming!
:)

Which is why I purchased the downloader in the first place.

To answer your queries, no, I don't use a VPN, and nothing downloads "quickly" for me here!

However, I can say that I have no problems downloading from BBC or ITV, it just seems to be UKTVPlay. And my previous downloads from UKTVPlay used to be fine. So I'm unsure why they aren't now.

Does the VideoTube Downloader not cope well with slow connections? That said, ITV and BBC seem OK...

And for the BBC I use Get-iplayer for anything which is a series as it will automatically download each episode, and VideoTube Downloader for many other BBC things.

The only thing I do have in my system is a pfSense box linking together 2 phone lines to provide a load-balanced feed which helps enormously. Would this affect UKTVPlay? It doesn't seem to affect any other channel.

Do you have any other thoughts?!?

Thanks again,

James
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

If you try to download a video, does the final file with issues have same size/duration?
Try to select another quality setting and see if it download the video completely.
james

Post by james »

Hi Chris

I have done quite a bit of testing and experimentation on this. My conclusion is that there is something different about UKTVPlay which didn't exist previously. Downloading from ITV is fine.

I have downloaded Dave Gorman's "Life is goodish", series 1 episode 1 (https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/dave- ... is-goodish) many times, in all the different ways that VideoTube Downloader can. The result is always the same. I have previously successfully downloaded and watched this episode, but can no longer do so.

I have these files after download using Android mode, and conversion:

720x396 bitrate 1924 Watch Dave Gorman Modern Life is Goodish Online _ On Demand _ UKTV Play.mp4
File size 286.2mb, 45:09 program duration.

640x352 bitrate 1323 Watch Dave Gorman Modern Life is Goodish Online _ On Demand _ UKTV Play.mp4
File size 224.4mb, 45:09 program duration.

640x352 bitrate 747 Watch Dave Gorman Modern Life is Goodish Online _ On Demand _ UKTV Play.mp4
File size 194.9mb, 45:09 program duration.

When I play back (I am using VLC media player) I experience the following:
- at 2:09 playback stops and jumps to 2:19, where it does not resume;
- then jumps to 2:19, where it does not resume;
- then jumps to 2:29 where it does not resume;
- then jumps to 2:39 where it does not resume;
- then jumps to 2:49 where it does not resume;
- then jumps to 3:00 where it resumes;
- then stops again on 3:09, and the pattern repeats.

Can you shed any light on what might be going on?

Many thanks,

James.
hans302
Advanced Member

Post by hans302 »

I have these files after download using Android mode, and conversion:
Just a quick one.....

Why are you converting the downloads from UKTV Play? as the M3U8 downloads as an MP4 Format.

Try without converting and see if that works.

Forgive me if I have read your post wrong.

Hans302
james

Post by james »

Hi Hans

Thank you so much for your helpful input. I hadn't known that the M3U8 downloads were MP4's. Anyway, I've thoroughly tested this again, but the same pattern emerges. The playback stops in a regular pattern as described by me earlier. The ITV downloads perform faultlessly, so I don't think it's me, I think it's them - UKTVPlay.

Chris - are you able to come up with any ideas?

Thanks again, Hans.

James.