currupt files from ctv.ca

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
darknightm
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

currupt files from ctv.ca

Post by darknightm »

hi all i downloaded three's company from ctv.ca (using a vpn to do so) it was a VERY TEDIOUS prossess as i had to add one by one with each episode with the expert tool and even then it would (sometimes give some kind of dll error or something (maybe that has something to do with it ?) i after downloading the full 8 seasons noticed that some were VERY small file sizes 25 30mb in size while others were 500-600mb so i went to play the smaller files and they seems to be currupt in some way (even some of the larger files are the same) not sure whats going on with this or why its doing this but i have the newest build i havnt tested with other sites as ctv.ca is the reason i bought the app due to streamfab not working for ctv.ca atm
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: currupt files from ctv.ca

Post by Chris »

Please provide sample links.

Which VPN do you use?

If your connection is through a VPN or DNS, you can adjust how many parts can be downloaded at same time, so there won't be any issues. By default is it set to 6 parts downloaded at same time.

Go to Settings->Advanced Settings and lower the M3U8 and MPD download threads to 1-2 parts at a time.
darknightm

Re: currupt files from ctv.ca

Post by darknightm »

i use windscribe vpn i have lowered it to 1 video 1 part at a time i am currently redownloading the show and renameing them to how i want them named from the prev download it seemed pretty random when it did it was some were 30mb while others were 500+ and were still currupt but this seems to be the only real tool thats simple to use outside of streamfab that their isnt a bunch of mumbo jumbo with cli etc