Playlist Order

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
unityinduality
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Playlist Order

Post by unityinduality »

When I download a playlist I want to watch them in the same order that they are in on the playlist. However once they are downloaded the files are in the wrong order. How do I get the files to be in the same order in my file directory as in the youtube playlist? Is there a way to add the play list number to the beginning of the file names as they are downloaded?

Thanks for your help.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Playlist Order

Post by Chris »

As we have replied to your email, at the moment you can't add the order number of the video to the filename, but we'll add this feature in next release.
As a workaround you could try to order the video files to be sorted by creation date, so the first downloaded file will be first and so on.
unityinduality

Post by unityinduality »

The workaround works good. I ordered by the creation date then used a mass renamer to number the files in order. Thanks.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

unityinduality wrote:When I download a playlist I want to watch them in the same order that they are in on the playlist. However once they are downloaded the files are in the wrong order. How do I get the files to be in the same order in my file directory as in the youtube playlist? Is there a way to add the play list number to the beginning of the file names as they are downloaded?

Thanks for your help.
This feature is now available in version 5.10. Just press "More settings" button, select Advanced Settings, then select YouTube Video tab and here enable Customize YouTube video filename and choose the template you want, you can also customize it as you want.