Quality Settings resent changes and problems.

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Bobobb55
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Quality Settings resent changes and problems.

Post by Bobobb55 »

Hi Chris.
Been loyal user of VideoTube Downloader and was pretty happy, how it was handle my needs.. but recently it started act strange.. it stop and refuse detecting HD quality over 720p. Videos what i try download most time have 1080p , what impossible to detect and download now. Specially on sites like VEVO. I cant download even same movie what was able to get in 1080p one month ago with August 2013 version. Weird things, most this videos now detected as BASELINE 360p. I was think YouTube did changes and checked for Updated version of Downloader. So it was here. Am updated yesterday to 5.50, still same. No any progress.
Any explanation? Plz..
I like ChrisPC Free VideoTube Downloader and feel really upset a bit, b/c seems i forced now if no fix, to look around for new appz. Here some links with videos what was perfectly downloaded before in 1080p, and now I cant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw__EzG22Hw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GADx4Hy-Gg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2FRPA3Gf8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last 2 cant be picked more than 360p... :(
Ty in advance.
P.S. Operation system Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Very healty machine. Iam computer tech, and as am stated it Downloader perfectly worked till last cpl weeks.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Quality Settings resent changes and problems.

Post by Chris »

Starting this week YT made some changes and that's why you have this problem. Also the 720p is available only with MP4 format. We are checking how to detect all video qualities again.
For the moment try to reload the video, it may load all available formats.
Bobobb55

Post by Bobobb55 »

Ty for response. That what i did exactly , tryed to reload videos and play with different settings, Not worked... Still detect 720p only, at best... Worse it may detect 360p instead or less, on reload. I tested some different apps from web also, all broken now, unfortunately. Google not respond yet.. there many angry ppl around try ask why... At last they told me somethings about broken copyright agreements and told me they not going to help me with answers b/c am downloading stuff from YouTube and they don't want that.. and bla, bla... They may do it on purpose or it just happened b/c that new Personal Experience platform what they switching permanently on November 1st.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

We've just released an update.
Let us know how it works for you.
Bobobb55

Post by Bobobb55 »

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the program does not work as am would like. It began to define the quality of streams, but adds the suffix DASH at the end of detected streams. I think this is not the real detection. After the tests, only one of them looks like a real YouTube HD programming in 720p only.When am try download in 1080p DASH, I believe it just doing upconverting to 1080p with Lavf54.25.104, and did remuxing with audio at end of downloading. And i not to choose for converting, before downloads. The resulting files are have smaller video bit rate and bigger audio, than the original 1080p YouTube files. So they modified, to looks like original, but it not original anymore, unfortunately. Bug? Or it supose to work like that right now? Ty anyway for helping.

Here files generated by MediaInfo. One for original from YouTube downloaded earlier, and one downloaded with version 5.60.
Avicii - You Make Me (Official)_YouTube Original.txt
Avicii - You Make Me (Official)_1_Version 5.60.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

We don't change anything on the video and audio streams from YT.
Bobobb55

Post by Bobobb55 »

Thank you Chris. Nice to know. No questions. Maybe one.. Why they need downgrade video bit rate and put AAC audio to conctant 224, instead of proven old variables... I think they just try coverup significant lost of size, try to increase audio bit rate, but it give increase only around 1mb+ on 3min clip... Overall size of clip (here Avicii as example) droped around 30mb, mostly because lover video bit rate and still posted as 1080p ( seems they try keep resolution , but it downgrade)... In my case it big downgrade, b/c am personaly choose quality, not a size of clip.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

We have a beta available which detects the "old" 4k MP4, 1080p MP4 and 480p FLV files.

To use it, just download the file from ..... and overwrite the old ChrisPCTube.exe file from ChrisPC VideoTube folder (it's only the main .exe file not the setup).

Let us know how it works.

EDIT:
YT made more changes and old MP4 files aren't available anymore. Only 1080p, 480p MP4/FLV DASH files are available to download now.
Bobobb55

Post by Bobobb55 »

File version... Yea, it maybe a problem. Am double checked what i downloded and it was 5.6.16.208, not 5.7. I dont know why, but i dowloaded .exe with link what you send to me. I will try download it again and test. Hope it will work for me. Ty for great news.