Downloaded video without audio.

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
florante24
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Downloaded video without audio.

Post by florante24 »

I downloaded several videos on Youtube but upon playing them, I couldn't hear anything. There isn't any audio in the video. I looked up the properties of the video and there's no data for the audio.

When downloading form Daily Motion, there is audio.

I tried re-installing the program, but it still didn't work. There's still no audio just video.

How do I fix this and download videos with audio in Youtube again?
passat1943

Re: Downloaded video without audio.

Post by passat1943 »

At first excuse my bad english. I'm from Germany.

hallo florante24, I have the same problem since today. Downloaded youtube-videos are without sound. I tried with another software and there is no problem.
What has happened ?
florante24

Post by florante24 »

I really don't know what is going on with the program passat1943. I downloaded a lot to videos yesterday and they are all fine. They have audio. It is only today that I have experienced this problem. I'm using this downloader because it downloads 1080p from Youtube. I have tried other downloaders but they only download 720p at max.

I hope that the developers of this downloader can address our problems and fix it.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

YouTube made a minor change today to the audio files.

We have fixed the problem and have a beta version at the moment.

To use it, just download the file from .... and overwrite the old ChrisPCTube.exe file from ChrisPC VideoTube folder (it's only the main .exe file not the setup).

Let us know how it works.

EDIT: Please download latest release: http://www.videoyoutubedownloader.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
florante24

Post by florante24 »

I really hate it when Youtube does its changes, it affects the downloaders.

I did as you instructed and its now FIXED. You fixed it yey!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. :lol:
dadycrazy

Post by dadycrazy »

Hi,

I have the same problem but now, all is ok.

Thanks a lot
passat1943

Post by passat1943 »

I have tested it too and it's o.k. now.

But one thing has changed from yesterday: the audio-bitrate has dropped down dramaticly. In the same video yesterday it was 254 kBit/s and today it's only 125 kBit/s. 125 is the rate in all videos I downloaded.

Chris, thanks for the fast help !
Delineator

Post by Delineator »

I got great video but no audio in 1080p. However your overwritten .exe file fixed it. Thanks Chris! :D
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

We have released version 5.80 which has the YouTube sound issue fixed.
http://www.videoyoutubedownloader.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@passat1943, YouTube removed the 256 kbps audio file and at the moment they only have 128 kbps available, 192 kbps could be available on some videos.
The software will use the best audio available for each video.
barmiller7

Post by barmiller7 »

Happened to me as well. Don't know if this is related to my recent upgrade to Windows 8.1 or has other reasons.
First, reinstalling Chris P.C. videodownloader indeed fixed the sound problem!!!

However I observed that ChrisP.C. VideoDownloader is not selecting HD MP4 H.264 as usual (whenever available), but MP4 DASH!
The file size of those DASH formats are typically 20% smaller than comparable H.264 'high quality' file versions, which I can get with other video downloaders.
Why is the HD MP4 H.264 not selected when it's obviously available?