Link does not contain any video

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Cindy62707
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Link does not contain any video

Post by Cindy62707 »

The following NBC video plays just fine on my computer but when I copy and paste the link into ChrisPC Free VTDownloader I get "This link does not contain any video" http://www.nbc.com/the-blacklist/video/berlin/2778426#i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now what?

thank you,
Cindy
Cindy62707

Re: Link does not contain any video

Post by Cindy62707 »

same thing for an ABC file
http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospita ... may-5-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is playing fine on the computer yet it says "this link does not contain any video, please try again with a valid link"
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Both links work. Make sure that you have not set to use a proxy and the proxy is offline.
Cindy62707

Post by Cindy62707 »

That was it. I don't normally mess with proxies but had tried the ChrisPC proxy when I was trying to get the Syfy videos to download because the VT downloader was telling me to use a proxy.

The proxy was NOT running in the task manager processes but it was still checked in the settings of the VT downloader. Once I unchecked that box in the settings the files would download.

I used the VT downloader last night before I went to bed and the file from one of the networks was downloading just fine. Closed out of the program and loaded it back up this morning and was getting the "link does not contain any video" message. I did not activate the ChrisPC Proxy program this morning so not sure why the downloader thought it was running (it times out after 15 minutes of non use anyway).

But isn't the VT downloader supposed to work with using a proxy anyway? If using a proxy makes the link invalid, under what circumstances would using a proxy in the program be advisable?

thanks for your quick reply!
Cindy
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

If the proxy is offline, VideoTube Downloader can't access the internet and thinks the video is not valid.
ChrisPC Anonymous Proxy and ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader are 2 independent software.
Cindy62707

Post by Cindy62707 »

That makes sense for this morning. not sure about last night. but I will know what to check if I get that message ever again.

Also getting several "download failed" messages this morning so will try again later and maybe reboot the system too if it keeps happening.

Thanks,
Cindy