General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
BillyBull
Advanced Member
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

problems with version 8.36

Post by BillyBull »

- f4m download is still only able to detect 1 quality, the highest
-- version 7.9 is able to detect the 3 highest qualities, not more even if there are more qualities available.

- You say that in version 8.35 the Linkfinder can now detect subtitles, not on the BBC, not needed because it works in the regular download, just saying.

- I mentioned this problem before, but the entire Linkfinder closes when you close a single tab -- does work properly in version 7.9

- ' turns into _ so Let's >> Let_s - does work properly in version 7.9

Pls. ask for more details it needed.

Btw. why don't you supply the newest version of NPSWF32.dll - People can add it easily themselves or use the system Flash Player but why the older version.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: problems with version 8.36

Post by Chris »

- f4m download is still only able to detect 1 quality, the highest
I mentioned this problem before, but the entire Linkfinder closes when you close a single tab -- does work properly in version 7.9
' turns into _ so Let's >> Let_s - does work properly in version 7.9
Provide the steps to reproduce the issue for each of the 3.
BillyBull
Advanced Member

Post by BillyBull »

Sorry for not responding sooner

- take any random f4m link with multiple qualities, you only get 1 quality. In version 7.90 you get 3 qualities, still that's not all because more can be availible.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 016-part-1 - open in linkfinder download you only get 1 quality

..can't download this link in HD 2800kps either, maybe it's the BBC's fault but the recording stops at 4 GB
1500 kps downloads do go beyond 4GB in for example: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... s-04052016
BBC f4m download also goes beyond 4 GB, but the file get a bit big if you download the highest quality at 50fps + 5000kps - 1280x720 @2800 is the best option.

maybe could also have a look at if you also can't download that link in HD 2800kps

- Open a tab in Linkfinder, open another tab, close tab1 or tab2, entire linkfinder closes.
In verion 7.90 it just closes the tab you click.

- download "Let's Spend the Night together" from the Rolling stones the file will show "Let_s Spend the Night together"
....minor issue, but still it does work fine in version 7.90

youtube.com/watch?v=pAOQkSFTKMw > actually downloading of this & other music on youtube also does not work right now, but will prove my point.

é >> \u00e9 > _u00e9 >> so here there is already a fault when shown in program itself, then after download it turns into "_u00e9 "
É + á + Á + etc. have similar problems
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

- take any random f4m link with multiple qualities, you only get 1 quality. In version 7.90 you get 3 qualities, still that's not all because more can be availible.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 016-part-1 - open in linkfinder download you only get 1 quality
- download "Let's Spend the Night together" from the Rolling stones the file will show "Let_s Spend the Night together"
....minor issue, but still it does work fine in version 7.90
These are fixed in next release
.can't download this link in HD 2800kps either, maybe it's the BBC's fault but the recording stops at 4 GB
Works correctly.
- Open a tab in Linkfinder, open another tab, close tab1 or tab2, entire linkfinder closes.
In verion 7.90 it just closes the tab you click.
This was fixed in earlier version 8. What Windows and CPU do you have?
é >> \u00e9 > _u00e9 >> so here there is already a fault when shown in program itself, then after download it turns into "_u00e9 "
Provide video links for these cases.

For Youtube videos to work you need to use latest version 8.37.
BillyBull
Advanced Member

Post by BillyBull »

This was fixed in earlier version 8. What Windows and CPU do you have?
For everyday use is still like XP so I'd have to test it on a different version later, but since did not see this mentioned in any version update I did not know it was fixed. CPU is 4930K, did test that 4GB problem with 2800kps file on windows 7 a little while ago and also did not work but I guess I'll have to try again if you say it works.

Provide video links for these cases.
Seems the other problem does not happen on youtube may have been a BBC specific problem, so never mind the others are so rare it not worth the time & effort.

For Youtube videos to work you need to use latest version 8.37.
I am using 8.37, regular youtube works for me, some music video like the example do not, you get a list full of 0.00 mb