Problem downloading ITV programs

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
jonse
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Problem downloading ITV programs

Post by jonse »

Since about 9th June attempting to download anything I've tried from ITV hub or BBC Iplayer results in download failed, occasionly I get a download complete after a few seconds of downloading but no file saved. Using version 8.40, on Windows XP. Tried the pro version as a trial but that doesn't work either. I can live stream ITV and BBC with no problems and can download BBC using GetIplayer also. Help, how am I going to get my Coronation Street fix!
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Problem downloading ITV programs

Post by Chris »

Do you have a real UK IP ?
jonse

Post by jonse »

No - using Unlocator as I am currently out of the UK. Also tried using Anonymous proxy in expat mode but that didn't work either.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Try to use unotelly.com or smartydns.com.
jonse

Post by jonse »

For whatever reason the situation appears to have resolved itself. Tried again using Chris PC anonymous proxy in expat mode and that didn't work with Videotube downloader pro but worked with Videotube downloader free for a day and then didn't work. Then tried using unlocator again and now it works Videotube downloader free. Seems it probably wasn't a problem with Video tube downloader, but some hick up somewhere with Unlocator / other proxy type services.
jonse

Post by jonse »

Well it seems the problem is back.

Tried reinstalling Videotube downloader free V8.37 which I was the last version that worked properly - the dates of saving the install file and installing V8.40 tie up with it all going tits up. But you can't get beyond the popup that a new version is available which then forces you to download it. Lo and behold V8.41 doesn't work either. After a couple of months of using the free version I was literally just about to spend the money to upgrade to the pro version but that isn't going to happen until the free version works properly.

Still using unlocator and can happily watch ITV and BBC without any issues.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Try the solutions from previous post, both have at least 7 days trial period.