Adware

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Videographer
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Adware

Post by Videographer »

I have been unable to install the latest version of ChrisPC videotube downloader (version 9.7.07) as Norton removes the exe file once it is downloaded. The report states that the file contains 'Adware.IGetNet' which is categorised as high risk. I could make ChrisPC an exception on Norton's whitelist but I am reluctant to do so. I am sorry to say that although ChrisPC programs are elegant and functional, they do not have my absolute confidence in terms of security matters because for some years now, every time I install a new version, multiple different virus checkers report and remove Relevant Knowledge. This happens whether I have accepted or declined during installation. All this is a bit disconcerting. Would anyone like to comment on it?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Adware

Post by Chris »

That is a false positive. There is no adware in ChrisPCTube.exe.

The FREE version setup has a bundle 3rd party Relevant Knowledge, which is installed only if you click on ACCEPT. On setup start the RK bundle files are downloaded from their servers, that's why you get the virus report.
Videographer

Re: Adware

Post by Videographer »

Thanks Chris. Of course you are correct. When I installed the latest version of ChrisPC Free Videotube Downloader the problem did not occur, but I will look into purchasing the add-on package or the pro version so you get some payment for the programs you provide.