Msi Tv@nywhere Products

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
marcellino
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by marcellino »

:o Hey guys, don't loose anymore your precious time while enhancing stress regarding this crappy MSI product !...

I finally fixed all troubles with my neighbour's MSI TV Anywhere Master card by one only touch ! I've found a newbie who blindly trusted MSI's advertising on the package and sold it to him !!! :D :D :D

Now I'm looking for another card to allow me use chrisTv pro software that I wanna buy it soon as get fixed to properly being handled within XP Pro SPx...

Could you Chris recommend us a CX2388x based tuner or provider to buy for better using your great software in the future with ?

PS - finally you may consider this RULEZ whenever you may choose another product to avoid get faked by the ads or buyed reputation:...

DON'T EVER BUY CARDS WHICH FORCE YOU TO USE ONLY THEIR PROPRIETARY CODECS OR SOFTWARE / DRIVERS, meaning cards which can not be handled with 3rd party products as better alternative at your unlocked disposal or cards outside any world-wide standards !!!

Soon only realtime enconding by Div X (www.divx.com) for video and by MPEG3 (Fraunhoffer) for audio will rulez all smarter users' future multimedia for a lot of reasons !

Consequently investing in a new card which has not been born with this in mind will isolate you from rest of a real market competition benefits very soon !!!
God heal you of other stupid desginers !
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please try to autoscan in ChrisTV 3.60 again.
Go to Program Settings->Driver Settings and and Enable
"Use alternative channel frequency settings"
also you can try to enable/disable "Use secondary channel scanning system"

Now, go to Channels Settings and try to add a channel wich you know the Frequency.
Try also to autoscan again.

Does it work ?
eithyia

Post by eithyia »

The only thing that ChrisTV will do (for whatever reason) is display Channel 5. (With great audio and video I might add! ;))

I don't ever view Channel 5, I have no idea why it chooses it.

When I do an autoscan, it detects all 125 channels, but won't change to any of them. When I try and select a different channel, the audio mutes for a few seconds, and the channel I selected displays on the OSD, and then the audio comes back on - but the channel never changes.

Adding channels manually causes the same behaviour, but it won't switch to them.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

After many testing and with our beta testers help, we have found how to tune any frequency on MSI TV @nywhere Cards.

We will give you some information how to make ChrisTV work with your MSI TV Card :

1. Make sure that you have the latest WDM Drivers installed from MSI Homepage.
2. Make sure that you have installed ChrisTV 3.70 Package.
3. Launch ChrisTV and go to Program Settings->Driver Settings and enable
this checkboxes :
a ) "Use secondary channel scanning system (driver issue)" and
b ) "Use special frequency tunning ( for some TV Card - MSI TV @nywhere (Master))"

4. Go to Channels Settings and do an autoscan using : Autoscan by channel number or Autoscan by Channel Table. (the Autoscan by frequency WILL NOT work with MSI Cards)

5. Finnaly you can Enjoy the ChrisTV Professional Trial Version :D

P.S : For some countries the Video Standard that is stored in the WDM Driver could be wrong, so you can very simple edit ChrisTV.ini file and set a country code that has the Video Standard that you have.
In ChrisTV.ini - Section [Settings] just add this line :

Code: Select all

MSI_Driver_Country=country_code

(if country_code=0 then default country is used for tuning)

Please report in here if your MSI TV Card works now.
aqua
Advanced Member

Post by aqua »

Way to go! I got rid of my card already but this is great news for MSI TV @nywhere owners
[aqua]

Compro VideoMate TV Ultra
ASUS TV FM Card
histamine

Post by histamine »

hi,something is veeeeeeeeeery weird-my msi tv@nywhere "masser" works Ok with chrisTV prof_3.60+ chrisTV.exe_b3.65(good picture,nice sound,cable tv) but only for the first time after instalation.When I shut down the system or ChrisTV- everything blows down.Program asks me for scaning for channels(it says it's the first time using of program-IT'S not true),after rescaning,I can see good picture but sound is only with 3 channels and with the other there is not permanent noise...
in program log I've got error:could not find IID_IAMCrossbar Interface 2.
I use PAL B/G(poland)
HELP :blink:
shanimoshe

Post by shanimoshe »

I installed V3.60 and V3.65 on top of it, however I get only black & white pictures. No audio, no colors. I have MSI TV@Anywhere Masters. I am based in Israel (PAL-B). What should I do?
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

As mentioned above - change MSI_Driver_Country=972
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

In order to help you more, we made a list with the country code that you have to set, if you have problems with the found channels (like only white&blank image or no sound) :

MSI_Driver_Country=1 //if you need NTSC_M video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=81 //if you need NTSC_M_J video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=49 //if you need PAL_B or PAL_G video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=40 //if you need PAL_D or PAL_K video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=500 //if you need PAL_I video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=54 //if you need PAL_N_COMBO video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=55 //if you need PAL_M video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=212 //if you need SECAM_B video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=220 //if you need SECAM_K video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=242 //if you need SECAM_D video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=33 //if you need SECAM_L video standard
MSI_Driver_Country=377 //if you need SECAM_G video standard

That's all folks ;)

P.S. : You must restart ChrisTV after you have edited ChrisTV.ini file.
shanimoshe

Post by shanimoshe »

I tried using MSI_Driver_Country=49 as well as MSI_Driver_Country=972, and now the tuner can't lock on any channel. I even don't get the B&W pictures I had before applying this line in the ChrisTV.ini file. Please help.