Ati Theater 550 Pro, Sapphire Theatrix 550 Pro

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
Romo
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Romo »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit by Chris :
ChrisTV Professional and Standard version 4.70 and higher have support for ATI Theater 550 PRO.
Please check this topic for Step by Step settings guide : http://forum.chris-tv.com/index.php?showtopic=1827
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've downloaded both ChrisTV 4.5 Lite and Pro. I started with the Pro version (freeware). Installation went ok but whenever I try to scan channels, I don't see them appear on the screen. The funny thing is that the program shows that it found channels. Then, when I return to the preview, I can hear the sound of every channel but no video, just a black screen. By mistake I clicked ont the Teletext button and an image appeared. But the switching channel option did not work after that.
After all frustration I tried the Lite version. No problems at all. Everything's OK.
I 've tried all Rendering options, all the solutions I could find from the forum.
I also tried a Hauppauge 350 and It works.
Is it because Theater 550 is not fully supported in the 4.5 version.
I need to know of it going to work in order to decide whether to buy it or still using the crappy PowerCinema 3.
Thanks
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

ChrisTV doesn't have yet full support for Theater 550 TV Card, but it will be added in the near future.

You can make ChrisTV work with it, but only in Live Preview Mode, so the MPEG2 encoder won't work correctly.

Try this steps for live preview and sound :
1. Go to Program Settings->MPEG HW Encoding
2. Enable "Use live preview mode..." and "Force audio output..."
3. Restart ChrisTV.
punar

Post by punar »

I'd also like to add that if you don't hear any sound, it's probably because your card sends sound over the PCI-bus. To tell ChrisTV to accept sound over the PCI-bus, go to settings - Driver Settings - Advanced Settings and select "Use TV Card Audio Output through the PCI-bus".

It took me quite som time to find this option myself since it's under Driver settings instead of Image&Sound settings :wacko:
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

ChrisTV 4.70 with full support for ATI Theater 550 Pro has been released.
Porzeczek

Post by Porzeczek »

i'll changed today my leadtek winfast expert to sapphire theatrix, and.. there is no sound :(
option 'use tv card audio output through the wdm driver' is checked, i tryed to rescan channels list, reinstall ChrisTV, changed soundcard (onboard to SB Live!), but ther's still no sound :(

Anyone has a solution for that?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Attach ChrisTV.log file.
Porzeczek

Post by Porzeczek »

here it is :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Make sure that in Program Settings->MPEG Hardware Encoding->
- Use Live Preview Mode
- Force Audio Output
are enabled. Restart ChrisTV.
Porzeczek

Post by Porzeczek »

yes, they are enabled, and no effect :(
but:
when i'm using latest drivers from ati (6.14.10.102) i recive silence, christv can tune with perfect sound radio station, with one little problem - choosing tv station-> radio -> tv station effects black or grey picture on tv station
when i use drivers from cdrom (6.14.10.52) i recive noise (most channels), or very noised sound, radio station are working great without any problem.

additionaly i've checked how it works on fresh copy of xp (XP Pro SP2 without any updates, only drivers for graphics card and theatrix installed) and there was no change- still no sound..
bodytank

Post by bodytank »

Have you got any sound in other application?

I encountered the same problem with 4.7 after fresh install.

There is no sound even the "Use TV Card Audio Output through the PCI-bus" option is checked.

However, for some unknown reason, I found that the wave output in my sound card setting is mute automatically after installing 4.7.

After I turn the mute off, there is sound!

However, I encountered another problem!
The sound and image is not synchronize!
The sound is delay a little bit.
I have compared it with my TV set.
The video = no delay
The sound = delayed.

Any solution?

P.S. I am using onboard Realtek HD sound.