Ati Theater 550 Pro, Sapphire Theatrix 550 Pro

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Chris »

@Reddwarf & Porzeczek,
Do you have the problem only while using LivePreview on all channels ?
Try to enable "Fix image quality on channel switch" and restart ChrisTV.

three: when tv shows white screen, sound has distortion.
Does it happen if you don't use LivePreview ?
Does it happen with Cyberlink software ?

It seems that the ATI driver still has some problems...
Reddwarf

Post by Reddwarf »

Chris @ Sep 27 2005, 10:09 wrote: @Reddwarf & Porzeczek,
Do you have the problem only while using LivePreview on all channels ?
Try to enable "Fix image quality on channel switch" and restart ChrisTV.

three: when tv shows white screen, sound has distortion.
Does it happen if you don't use LivePreview ?
Does it happen with Cyberlink software ?

It seems that the ATI driver still has some problems...
The Fix-Image-Quality made no difference. I'v found that if my computer is loaded with other work while I'm running Chris-TV the sound becomes even more delayed, but if I switch off the ".. audio through PCI-bus" and use Live Preview with Force Audio enabled the sound has just a tiny delay (1-2/10 of a second). Another small problem: If I enable Use-Overlay the picture har correct aspect ratio, but is somewhat flickery, if I do not use overlay the picture is stable but too narrow. Any suggestions?
foxa

Post by foxa »

I have problem with sound delay too. It's about 1-2 sec.
When I switch the channels - picture is from a new channel and sound is from old channel - ~ 1-2 sec. - then is sound switched too (and sound-delay was born :) ).

De-interlace - what settings is the best for Sapphire Theatrix?
markandrea

Post by markandrea »

Porzeczek @ Sep 24 2005, 16:52 wrote:
first: when ChrisTV starts, last used channel has no, or noised sound - solution: choose another tv channel - now sound is working ok.

Hi, I am new here, I am from Poland too, I am 55 but still enthusiast of audio and TV on PC computer, I am familiar with bios upgrade and many other PC things. Last few evenings I spent playing with Sapphire Theatrix TV 550 Pro and PowerCinema 3.0, and with ChrisTV now. I would like to thank very much for all advices, especially Romania region. I got the sound!

I would like to share my observations - maybe it will be helpful.

1. I observe quite inversely phenomena as Mr. Porzeczek: at me there is sound when ChrisTV starts, but sound dissappears if I choose another channel. I start recording now - there is silence on such recorded TV program too. - I must restart ChrisTV.
Solution: start ChrisTV, choose Channel Settings, now switching between available channels keeps sound is present all the time. Exit Channel Settings and start recording, stop recording - sound is present both: live and on the record. To change chanel now - use switching via Channel Settings, otherwise sound disappear.

2. strange: at TV Tuner Device settings I see cable is selected, - I use air antenna. When I select air - there is a problem with TV signal.

3. My TV sound is MONO, even if I force stereo settings everywhere I can;
but my Radio sound is stereo.

Thanks
markandrea

Post by markandrea »

Hi,

I attach the log file

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Chris @ Sep 27 2005, 12:09 wrote: It seems that the ATI driver still has some problems...
We have tested ChrisTV with a beta driver received from ATI and seems that the big problem has been solved : image and sound seem to be syncronized all the time while using Live Preview mode.

One problem still remains in this beta :
When tv shows white screen, sound has distortion.

This driver is not yet public, is still in beta stage, it should be released in November/December time frame.

So ATI driver seems to get better :)
xenova

Post by xenova »

Does any one have news about when this driver will be released?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

If you really want to test a new driver version, it seems that the beta version from 13 Oct 2005 is available in a Catalyst beta release, check here for more info :
http://forums.hexus.net/showpost.php?p= ... count=1880

PS: The file is 70 MB :(
Peke

Post by Peke »

[quote=""Chris""]

[/quote]

I also can confirm that T550 AV Stream Driver (117) driver this is slightly improved and also can confirm that same thing happend in some cases when there is Black Background and only Channel Logo is shown, driver registeres that like there is no signal so it chunks Stream.

For now we just need to wait untill Official ATI MMC 9.10 is released and hope that it will include better driver than T550 AV Stream Driver (117).

For now that is all from me as I only can use LITE version.
jamesb

Post by jamesb »

Chris @ Oct 21 2005, 10:42 wrote:
Chris @ Sep 27 2005, 12:09 wrote: It seems that the ATI driver still has some problems...
We have tested ChrisTV with a beta driver received from ATI and seems that the big problem has been solved : image and sound seem to be syncronized all the time while using Live Preview mode.

This driver is not yet public, is still in beta stage, it should be released in November/December time frame.

So ATI driver seems to get better :)
Hey Chris, what driver version where you using to get the video and audio in sync? I just installed ChrisTV 4.80 Lite with the Theater 550 and get a half second delay between the video and audio. This was using the 117 beta drivers.

If you could go over the settings and drivers required to get rid of sound lag in live preview mode, that would be great.

James