VMR-9

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
sod
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by sod »

Video Renderer Mixer (VMR-9)

What is that good for? On my PC the picture quality is worse with VMR-9 and I only have about 17 fps on my second monitor (dual Screen system). Where are the advantages compared with the standard overlay mixer?
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

It is Virtual Mixer Renderer - which means, that system will overlay screen contents disregarding on graphic card capabilities (before DX9 Windows was limited in number of overlays only supported by graphic card). To not affect perfomance you will need DX9 compatible graphic card for unlimited screens overlays, or card with support for several overlays, or, at least one (for one overlapped window). If your graphic card is old and do not support overlays or DX9 you will need in VMR only to diplay two video windows or freescale view (in this case system will render overlapped windows on your desktop in software only).
If you have troubles with this mode and do not want to view several video windows in the same time - you can disable it, or use ordinal overlay mode, provided by graphic card driver. Or, you can update your graphic card driver (looks more suitable to you, I bet your card vendor do not optimised driver to support dual head mode. You can check that - if you set clone mode rate must be equal for both monitors, of course, if they both of CRT type).