Muting sound when switching channels

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
Dawn
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Dawn »

Hello, I have a PCTVpro card (stereo not working though :angry: ) and I wanted to ask if there's a way to make ChrisTV mute the sound when switching channels. It always makes that terrible loud hiss sound - a way louder compared to the original Vision application. May be I'm just missing something or what? :huh: It's a bit off-topic, but if anyone knew how to make stereo work with this crappy card, I'd appreciate that as well. I'm afraid the card hates my motherboard (AOpen AX6BC Pro) :( . Thanks.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Dawn

Post by Dawn »

ChrisTV @ Sep 24 2003, 22:52 wrote: Check this topic :
http://forum.chris-tv.com/index.ph...hp?showtopic=30
I've read that before, but I can't see there anything relevant to my post. No information on getting rid of that loud hiss when switching channels and my problem with the lack of stereo sound seems to be related to a flaw in PCTVpro design, which causes stereo not to function on certain motherboards. In case of interest, please follow these links (1, 2, 3 ) to see what I and other users wrote about this issue on Pinnacle Webboard.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

You could try to install the btwincap wdm drivers.
They work very well with my Pinnacle PCTV Pro with stereo and Radio FM B)
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm rather reluctant to do this, as there are numerous reports on Pinnacle's Webboard that these drivers may damage the card, ie. modify the card's detect id. For more information, check link #2 in my previous post or this link.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Anyway, any comment on what this topic is about? It's really loud and annoying. Am I the only one who minds it or is there some setting for it of which I'm apparently not aware? :unsure:
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Check if in Program Settings->Image & sound set-> Sound input is set to line in
Try again with MSP enabled/disabled.
<_<
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

ChrisTV @ Sep 25 2003, 00:16 wrote: Check if in Program Settings->Image & sound set-> Sound input is set to line in
Try again with MSP enabled/disabled.
<_<
Yes, sound input is set to Line-in and MSP is disabled. Enabling MSP causes both video and sound to drop out - most likely as a result of the stereo problem mentioned above.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Hi,
What ChrisTV version are you using ?
Try to change the "Sound Input" to another value, like "Volume Control"
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

Well, it it very suspicious, that driver like btwincap or iulab can damage card. Because normally, it has no storageble or programmable circuits on TV tuner board (not a DVB). And, these drivers do not use or contain such types of functionality.
And I found nothing about card's damages in posts you mentioned (PCI ID difference for new card types is normal, this is only means, that you have to install drivers for old card on new manually).