No Audio, No Mpeg

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
ramirezi
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by ramirezi »

I'm not that smart and I know there's other topics about this kind of stuff, but I cannot find the files I need to install to make my capture card 1) Get audio and 2) Install WDM Drivers 3) Access MPEG.

Recently I purchased a Hauppauge HVR-1290 card and installed it. The cd that came with it was a blank silver cd with a bunch of files which none of them said were for my card, only ATI, Avermedia, Asus, PX-TV402U and WinTV 2000 and WinTV 6. I installed the updated driver for my card from HP's website, so it's compatible with Windows 7, so the capture card is working under another program and now ChrisTV, after I clicked on the 2 top choices under the choice, can't detect any channels.

Now I have a picture in ChrisTV with no audio and no mpeg. The forum says I should reinstall the WDM driver but where is this driver? Is this driver available for Windows 7?

I also installed intervideo.reg per another thread suggestion. Nothing changed. Then another thread suggest downloading intervideo 3 package, but I can't find that anywhere either.

What do I download and run to get the audio working? I did change all the settings to allow stereo mix and master volume (didn't give me any other choices)

And what do I download to get the MPEG Encoding? I don't even know how to get to any recordings or where they are hiding after being made, but could that also could be because I don't have the MPEG hardware?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please attach ChrisTV.log file after you encounter the problem.