Black Screen

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
Mike21
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Mike21 »

Watching a TV channel OR recording 1 - 4 channels at the same time is ok. However, when I watch a channel and start a recording of that channel, the screen turns black, but the recording is ok. When I stop the recording, the screen comes up again. So I cannot watch AND record a channel at the same time. How to solve this?
I use ChrisTVPro-5.5.1. with 4 Hauppauge PVR150 TV cards on a computer with ASUS A7V600-X motherboard (Soundmax on board, no separate soundcard) and a 2,5 GHz AMD Athlon processor. OS is Windows XP SP3. XP_Codec-Pack_2.5.1 is installed. No other audio-visual software is installed, apart from the standard Windows-applications. ChrisTV.log is attached. I cannot find WDM-driver data.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please attach ChrisTV.log file after you encounter the problem.
Mike21

Post by Mike21 »

The problem is partially solved by activating the codecs for mp1,mp2 in the FFDShow Audio Decoder and mpeg2 in the FFDShow Video Decoder: the start of a recording, while watching a TV channel on the same TV-card, doesn't result anymore in a black screen with silence. Starting a sheduled recording on another card, while previewing another channel is ok: screen and sound stays on and the recording is as sheduled.
However, when recording is started of the channel, that is previewed, I cannot switch to a 2-nd card for previewing another TV-channel, since the other cards are grayed out in the "Capture Devices Status".
During a sheduled recording Chris-TV cannot be started for previewing another TV-channel. Right-click on the Chris icon "-> open with" forces the program to open, but the recording channel is switched to the channel that is previewed.
See enclosed log.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.