Channel Frequency selection

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
garryk
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by garryk »

Hi

Great program!

I have a small problem tuning all available frequencies in New Zealand.
TV2 and up are fine, but TV1 in my area is at 45.240MHz, which seems to be outside the normal range (47.25 +/- 1MHz seems to be the minimum).

Is there a way to select a lower frequency manually, or can you perhaps include a range setting option for the standard ranges in a future release?

(Note: I can select the frequency no problems in other tuner programs, usually by offsetting the fine tuning on VHF channel 1 or 2, and I then get TV1 okay).

Thanks
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

ChrisTV 3.5x has an advanced system of finetuning.

Just press on the button "..." near the Frequency Box or you can enter the frequnecy your self in the frequency box.

Please check the help for more details.

And for your frequncy that is not in the Finetune range (will be modified on the next release) just enter in the frequnecy edit box : 45.240 and will work.
garryk

Post by garryk »

Hmmm!? Did that, but doesn't seem to work. In fact, I sometimes get channels tuned outside the range I think I'm in?

Also, I noticed that when I use the Frequency Settings by Channel number mode, I can only tune channels 1-11 in the VHF band for New Zealand, whereas we have channels 27-62 available in UHF also, but these are not selectable by channel number, only by frequency. Can this be modified?

I am running the "Original" WDM driver for my Askey Tview99 card under Win XP SP1 with all MS updates applied, running on a Pentium P4 2.6GHz/800FSB, using DirectX 9.0b. I tried installing the BTWDM driver in "btwdmdrvinstaller5.3.5-1.zip", but no luck so far (seems to not install all (eg the Crossbar) drivers??)

Any ideas where I go next?

Another issue I am having is that sometimes when I try to start ChrisTV, I get an error message,

"ChrisTV.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Sometimes this occurs straight after a clean boot, sometimes okay the first time, but then not again if I close ChrisTV and later try to open it again?

Maybe this thread needs to move to Trouble shooting forum?

Finally, is it possible, and if so, how do I enable, to use the IR remote controller that comes with TView99 with ChrisTV? Do I need LIRC or something? The help files are not very specific about this.

Any help appreciated.

Garry
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

Absence of crossbar in BtWinCap means, that you uninstall drivers for your card before to install BtWinCap (read instructions carefully). Use latest BtWinCap version (5.3.6). Unless you need BtWinCap for a special reason - do not install it. :)

Try to change IRQ for your tuner (probably, it is shared with network or other periodically used device).

To use remote control you will need a program to translate RC commands into LIRC. Some of them shown at Links page. You will need to find one, that supports your RC (because no standard for it).