Multiple Wishes

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
habitoti
Advanced Member
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by habitoti »

Hi,

I am pretty impressed by the bunch of features Chris-TV offers. But I could think of even more:Better 16:9 support. I know that I can fiddle around with the zoom to somehow restrict the window (not fullscreen!) to a 16:9 picture. But this is annoying and does not fit all the time. How about an auto-sizing feature that, when called, just detects black borders at all sides (not just top and bottom) and then automagically sets the window size to exactly the actual picture (i.e. the non-black area). Could be called "smart sizing". Manual adjustments of the window in all directions independently from each other and without changing the content size would be welcome as well to set the proper aspect ration. The zoom function is simply not user friendly enough.NexTView support. I don't ask for a one-week-in-advance program guide (downloading all that is annoying for PCs that don't run regularly for updating that list), but information on the current program would be nice (most TVs use it to show the current program name in clear text)Better access to the list of recordings. Don't let me search on file level...that is not user-friendly. Just show me a list of the recordings I made. And they should have reasonable names, not recording dates. Ask me to either name it when I start recording, or even better: aquire the current name from NexTView.The default TV-software on my Medion 8386XL was PowerCinema 4.0. It is by far not as good as Chris-TV, but after scanning the cable, it knew all the station names (e.g. MTV) by itself (same with TVCentral). However they did that, it saves a lot of time...My HD-recorder/timeshifter (Schneider PrimeTimer) has a nice feature called re-scan. It just looks for new channels without touching the existing ones. So I can discover and add new channels to my channel list without having to re-enter, re-sort and re-finetune everything I found already before.Is there a way to "Auto-finetune" around the actual cable channel frequency? My card seems to be slightly offset, so I have to finetune by around -300khz for best reception. Maybe this could be done automatically around the channel position until the signal is optimal as a special option?Thank you for your attention and keep up the good work!

/-/ans-Juergen
Medion 8386XL with Medion 7134 MK2/3 TV card, Windows XP SP2
habitoti
Advanced Member

Post by habitoti »

Extending my previous list of wishes, I have even more ideas:VPS Support. Just wake up the computer 5 minutes in advance of an upcoming recording and scan for the VPS signal -- if available -- to start and end the recording.ShowView programming. I don't know if this is just possible on a license-base or if ShowView-decoding is free. It would definitely be a help...In combination with ShowView or any EPG-based programming (if VPS is not available), my HD-recorder has a nice feature called "General Pre- and Post recording offset". This is by default 5 minutes, so the recording is always started 5 minutes before and ended 5 minutes after the programmed schedule. This compensates for the slight shifts that often occur in the program (at least for german stations... :( ). If you just program manually, you could of course take care for that yourself, but it is much more convenient to have that globally set, so you must never think of it...Optionally be able to "archive" TimeShift buffer. A scenario that comes up pretty often (at least in the past with my HD-recorder): I decide to look something an hour or so later, so I Timeshift a program. Then comes a friend, we'll have a beer -- and no time to watch TV. After two hours it is too late to jump back and start viewing, so I would like to move the complete buffer (2 hours in my case) to an archive so that I can view it later.Hope somebodey reads it...
/-/ans-Juergen
Medion 8386XL with Medion 7134 MK2/3 TV card, Windows XP SP2