Scheduler Improvement

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
vbvos
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by vbvos »

Hello,

A significant improvement for me would be for CTV to change the file name for recordings from "capture <time>" in the <date> directory to a file name that includes both the channel NAME (as entered in the channel (favourites) list) plus date and time.

So, for example, recordings from the channel named "BBC 1" would be stored in a file called "BBC 1 <time>" rather than the slightly vague "capture_23_13_03.mpg" in directory <date> used now.

Much as I hate the Home Theatre software supplied with several cards, at least they got this right. When you have a busy life (as I have) and can't view every recording within a few days, it is very helpful to have some idea of what the &&^%#$# it was that you felt it was a good idea to record way back when.

Of course when you can't be bothered to rename your channels to something significant you just get "Channel xx <time>". That is your problem then.

By the way, for most of us with only one TV card in the machine the <date> directory is overkill as we cannot record multiple broadcasts simultaneously anyway. For us non-power users an option to record under filenames <channel,date,time>, i.e. without creating a per-date directory, would be just fine. Always as a setup option, of course, for those of us that can only afford one TV card ;-)

Paul
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

In ChrisTV 5.00 there will be the option to choose record filename type between : channelname_yearmonthday_time and old format with date subfolders.