Epg

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
Kraehe
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Kraehe »

..Hi all...

...I don't know how it works, but on my Stand-allone-TV [Grundig] I have an Electronic Program Guide. Specially in Germany I think it is RTL 2 who sends the necessary Data for that function.

Everytime I switch to a channel I see a small transparent rectangle at the bottom with e.g. the name of the film who is runnig an how long it is already running and the times and name of the next film who is starting.

Did u understand what I mean???

Is this possible to implement in ChrisTV!

This would be great!

Greetings

Kraehe
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

Yes, it will be implemented. But ChrisTV do not support digital TV yet. And you will need to download Program guide for your region by yourself.
planet

Post by planet »

Buenos diaz,

I think what "CROW" :lol: meant is the rather "slow" analog EPG (Electronic TV Programme Guide) which a few european stations broadcast. Its a quite fancy feature though, but most of the options are already offered by the normal TeleText.

Maybe ChrisTV will support this feature some day :rolleyes: .
Until then you can try out this little tool: http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net

BTW here is a provider list (not many <_< ) who support the analog EPG:

http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net/provnets.html

bye
Kraehe

Post by Kraehe »

@planet:

Hey, that is exactly what I mean. :D

And it would be great to decide to enable or disable in ChrisTV a funktion shown in the preview of "xawtv with EPG OSD" .It only should show the name and the beginning times of the below broadcast too.

@ nopik:

...hihi....I willl download everything if it is necessary. And when the wishing function works...of course... :D B) :D

I never mean digital TV....

Have a nice day....
Vortex

Post by Vortex »

In Holland there's a special teletext page which is shown at the bottom of the screen, which displays program/film info. Perhaps that is what is meant by the poster.

Vortex
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

Additional (VBI) signal can be processed in software, but at the moment ChrisTV is hardware (and broadcast standard) independant program. Teletext decoded by DirectX module - not by ChrisTV.
Shark

Post by Shark »

NOPIK @ Jan 28 2004, 04:40 wrote: Yes, it will be implemented. But ChrisTV do not support digital TV yet. And you will need to download Program guide for your region by yourself.
Is the EPG Support already implemented ?? Because i have tried Nextview EPG and can export the Data to an XML File, but i am not sure how i can use this with Chris-TV
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

Not yet. But, could you, please, send me an actual XML at cnemo@mail.ru ?
I am interested in collecting as much program guides formats, as possible.