Record Timeshift Buffer

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
tjcinnamon
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by tjcinnamon »

I already put this in the general forum but I thought I would put it here in case you use it as a list. :wub:

I would like to be able to record the timeshift buffer while watching the timeshift buffer. As it stands now if you press record while viewing a timeshift (rewound to a different place than where the throughput is at) it records whats going through the device at that time. What I would like to see would be: the ability to spontaneously (press record on the remote not schedule) record what you are viewing at that moment.

Thanks, JOe K.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

This feature will be added in next release.
Note that you won't be able to record in past, only what is in present time. You will be able to choose if the recording starts automatically when you begin timeshift or manually when you want, same goes for stop timeshift recording.
tjcinnamon

Post by tjcinnamon »

"Note that you won't be able to record in past, only what is in present time."

So is what your saying that: this feature will allow you to record what is on the screen at any particular time, whether it is real-time or time shifted? No matter what it records what you are seeing.

thanks,
JOe K.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

If you start manually the timeshift recording, this will begin to record the live video stream in present, what is actually received by the capture card at that time.
tjcinnamon

Post by tjcinnamon »

How is that different from what is already capable? As it stands right now if I am watching something and then rewind 5 seconds and press record, it will record not record what is on the screen but what is in the capture device.

seconds
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 realtime

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 timeshift

If I try to record 1-5 seconds on the timeshift it will record 5-10 seconds in realtime.

When I tested it thats how it worked.

Thanks for your continued replies and support,
JOe K.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

How is that different from what is already capable? As it stands right now if I am watching something and then rewind 5 seconds and press record, it will record not record what is on the screen but what is in the capture device.
This will be the same but while doing a timeshift recording you can still watch the timeshift buffer.
tjcinnamon

Post by tjcinnamon »

So is what your saying that if I am watching the time shift and I press record I will continue watching the timeshift and the recorder will start recording whats coming in at real time?

Or is what your saying, what I am looking for, which is being able to manually record what ever is on the screen whether it be in the timeshift or realtime? that would be ideal.

Thanks,
JOe K
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

if I am watching the time shift and I press record I will continue watching the timeshift and the recorder will start recording whats coming in at real time?
Yes.
tjcinnamon

Post by tjcinnamon »

This is from the update features:

In version 5.15 or higher, you will be able to make recordings while using the timeshift feature. You can choose if the recording starts automatically when you begin timeshift or manually when you want, same goes for stop timeshift recording. Please note that you won't be able to record in past, only what is in present time on the live stream.

will this: Please note that you won't be able to record in past, only what is in present time on the live stream.

Be a feature in a future release? Or is it not possible due to some weird programming limtiation?

I'm sorry about the repeated posting, and I appreciate that you have continued to answer in an informative and friendly manor. I know being a developer is high stress and dealing with demanding or unruley customers adds to that stress. So, thank you.

Thanks,
JOe K.