Recording/encoding With Mp3

Make your ChrisTV PVR work better and solve any settings problem
eberon
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by eberon »

Hi!

ChrisTV 3.60 is now in a state that I can finally feel very interested in recording segments. The problem that I've had since 3.50 is that when I hit record with MP3 enabled, the record goes well, but when I stop the recording ChrisTV crashes with an error about lame.acm or a file very much like it. I would replicate this error to produce exact details, but when ChrisTV crashes, it is very difficult for me to get it to work with my TV tuner again.

I don't doubt that this isn't a problem with ChrisTV but is a problem with my system or the installed mp3 codec, but I am at a loss for a solution.

I attempted to search the forum for an answer, but I found no similar problems along the same line.

Thanks in advance for any response. :)
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Try to install Fraunhofer MPEG Layer-3 codec (Full) from here : http://mpcodecs.narod.ru/and follow the instalation instruction.
eberon

Post by eberon »

Thanks Chris! All good now :)
powertje

Post by powertje »

i installed that codec also, but it doesn't show in de recording options.
Is there a special way to install ?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

vergnuegt

Post by vergnuegt »

Hi, Chris,

I am a registered user and I have a few problems with the mp3 recordings from tv with windows vista and the registered Chris TV 5.10 (tuner: kworld plus - 713X analog Philips tuner with NO hardware encoding).

First I installed the Fraunhofer codec you recommended above. Unfortunately, it works not. I received the message, that this codec is only used with radium div-x. So I installed the Fraunhofer mp3 codec pro 1.263. This works with two diffenent bitrates: with the in the first time in the chris tv mp3 settings underlined bitrate 320/32 Kbits stereo and with 96 kbits - independent from the bitrate I choose (192kbit, 128kbit, …), the (tv and radio) recording always will be saved at 96 kbit.

I also used the lame acm 3.97, but I have the same problems. I get a lot of bitrates to choose - but the recordings were all saved at 96 kbit.

What can I do? Is it possible to get the lame_enc.dll for mp3 encoding – or is in planned? I would be glad If you can help me.

Thanks, Stefan