ITV Player problems?

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
toxic
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

ITV Player problems?

Post by toxic »

Running 7.55 with paid Add-On, and seems to now have problems with itv player. For example: https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/harry-hil ... /episode-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's getting to 16-17% then saying complete when it hasn't. Other times it simply downloads a bit then says failed.

Not running any proxy, I am located in the UK anyway. Any ideas?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: ITV Player problems?

Post by Chris »

The video downloads without problems.
It's possible to be a problem on their end or maybe your antivirus software could block the download.
toxic

Post by toxic »

Does the video you downloaded play right until the end, though? The downloads are saying complete but they are corrupted. The flv might say it's 46 minutes or whatever but when you skip to near the end while playing the file, it stops, as every time I have downloaded this it's always different file sizes.
Bigted

Post by Bigted »

I'm having the same problems with downloads from both ITV Player and BBC iplayer. When the download starts it shows the file size, apparently correctly and the download seems to complete correctly with the 'File ready to play' message. However, when you look at the file size in Windows Explorer it is only about half the original size.

I have checks that my Firewall and anti virus software are not causing the problem by temporarily disabling then while downloading but the problem is still occurring on about 70% of downloads.

Help, please!
toxic

Post by toxic »

Yes, it's still happening for me also. Running latest version. Hit and miss with the success rate. Quite a few "failed" downloads that need deleting and redownloading before a successful download. And the problem the "completed" downloads not really being complete is still intermittent. It works "most" of the time but it's getting frustrating having to check every download manually to see if it's actually really complete.

Also, this just won't download fully no matter how many times I've tried:

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/agatha-ch ... -my-thumbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bigted

Post by Bigted »

Same for me - the previous fix had resolved the problem but since downloading the latest version of Pro Downloader, the problem is there again. Such a pain, as you have to check every completed download to make sure it is the correct size! I have a theory that it only happens on certain quality levels, bur this might be my imagination!
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

toxic wrote:Yes, it's still happening for me also. Running latest version. Hit and miss with the success rate. Quite a few "failed" downloads that need deleting and redownloading before a successful download. And the problem the "completed" downloads not really being complete is still intermittent. It works "most" of the time but it's getting frustrating having to check every download manually to see if it's actually really complete.

Also, this just won't download fully no matter how many times I've tried:

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/agatha-ch ... -my-thumbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The video downloads correctly now, yesterday it wasn't. Seems to be an issue on their end with the high quality streams. We can't check the real file size as these are video streams, the remaining download size shown is an estimation only.