Why do you FORCE an update?

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
Boris Lozac
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Why do you FORCE an update?

Post by Boris Lozac »

Hi, can i please have a reasonable explanation as to why do you force me to update your software? I have a specific TV card/motherboard combination, and in order to get the sound working, i have to change lots of things, and most of the times i forget what options and settings i have to change. And when you FORCE me to update, all my settings are reset and i have to do it all over again, sometimes it's when i really wanna watch someting like a game, immediatelly, not having to spend 30 minutes trying to get the sound and channels working again.
Can you please explain why is this necessary and is there any way to stop it?

Thanks.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Why do you FORCE an update?

Post by Chris »

If you use ChrisTV Lite you need to upgrade to latest version after 6 months.
You can easily make a backup of all your settings, just copy the ChrisTV.xml and Channels.ini files from ChrisTV Lite folder.
Boris Lozac

Re: Why do you FORCE an update?

Post by Boris Lozac »

Chris wrote:If you use ChrisTV Lite you need to upgrade to latest version after 6 months.
You can easily make a backup of all your settings, just copy the ChrisTV.xml and Channels.ini files from ChrisTV Lite folder.
I don't understand. It's not every 6 months, it's much more often, and why do i have to? It's working perfectly, everything is set, why do i now have to reinstall it again and set everything up again? (even if that .xml and .ini thing worked, but it doesn't, already tried).
In what universe is this normal, this program doesn't rely on any online service, i don't stream anything, i just want to WATCH my TV?