Chris Tweak: Prefiltering Setting

General Discussion about ChrisTWEAK Software
Beek
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Beek »

Hi,

I have a Hauppage PVR USB 2 card and use it in conjunction with a pvr application. I am happy with the pvr software, except for the fact that it does not allow you to really fine tune the proc amp settings.

I am extremely happy to have found ChrisTweak as it works great in conjunction with the software I already have. The "real time" nature of the adjustments is a great benefit. Before I register it though (still on the trial), I have a couple a questions.

The PVR USB 2 is a hardware encoder, but on the Main Settings tab of ChrisTweak it is not show up in the MPEG HW Encoder and MPEG HW Multiplexer fields. Is this just for the Hauppage PVR pci cards?

Also on the ChrisTweak info page, on the Image Prefilter Tab it states the following:
This settings are available only for the following TV cards :
Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500 series,
ATI Theater 550 PRO TV cards,
TV Cards with Blackbird Conexant Chipset (Leadtek Winfast PVR 2000, Prolink Pixelview PlayTV@P7000, Provideo PV258 Series and others),
TV Cards with Falcon Conexant Chipset

However, with my card the (PVR USB2), I am able to adjust all the sliders and activate the check boxes and any adjustments are reflected in my capture software preview window. It seems to be working as intended, even though my card is not listed. Is the Hauppage USB2 now supported?

Since I capture from Digital cable I am wanting to turn off the Temporal Filter to avoid motion blur in my encoded files as well as adjust sharpness to aid compression and reduce artifacts.

ChrisTweak has been a great help in achieving these goals. I just would like some clarifcation on the Image Prefilter settings and how they work with my card.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Steve
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

ChrisTWEAK should work correctly with Hauppauge PVR USB2, it has same chipset as PVR 250/350.

By adjusting Spatial Filter and Temporal Filter you can improve the image quality by increasing sharpness/blurring of the tv image.
Beek

Post by Beek »

Thanks for the reply,

will register the software later today.