Broadcasting S-video Input

General Discussion about ChrisPC Media Streamer Software
BobK
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by BobK »

Hello,

I've been trying to broadcast a signal from a camera that is plugged into the S-Video port of my Hauppauge 558 capture card. ChrisTV shows the input without much problem (just add the S-Video port).

When I go to broadcast, I add the card (I've tried all 4 options) usually as "Graphics Card with Video Input". It adds fine, but gives just a black screen (it also will broadcast this black screen to a client).

I cannot seem to find a setting to select composite/s-video as an input. Any help would be much appreciated :)

I've attached MediaStreamer's log.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

You need to change the Video Input in Capture Device Settings to S-Video Input :
BobK

Post by BobK »

I do not have that tab. The card I am using does not have a tuner, only RCA and S-Video inputs. Here's a picture of what I see:

Is there any way to force it in a saved .mss file?

EDIT: I am using the Trial version, in case that makes a difference (trying before buying :) )

Thanks for the quick reply!
BobK

Post by BobK »

Turns out I forgot to install the Windows Media Encoder 9!

After installing WME 9, it let me configure the Crossbar device (which in picture above isn't there) and select the S-Video.

My problem now is that I'm transmitting black still (the 'trial version broadcast' message is getting through to media player), despite the preview window showing the live video. Any suggestion on that?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please attach the log file again.
roroking

Post by roroking »

Chris @ Oct 11 2008, 05:54 wrote: Please attach the log file again.
my participation in this forum it's about live streaming with accurate frame by frame or less delay as possible, after I discover your software quickly some concerns was mounting. I have some questions

1) using your software, how could you switch from those three input you mention without stop the streaming?

2) does the viewer by connecting to my I p address don't have access over my computer files?

3) would the viewer have a choice to watch any of my three input like a regular TV just by changing the channel or click on the next broadcasting channel or link, the question is could they choose what they want to watch from any of my three streaming medias, if yes how?

4) since for the person to see what I m streaming they need to download window media player, could I embed your software in my own website, if yes would I still be able to stream from three different sources? and how to do that?

6) could any body watch my content anywhere in the world?
if so, how do give everyone of my fan my I P address ?

forgive me for all of those questions, I want to purchase a copy of your software bu I want to make sure that I understand how your program work thank your patient, do your best to give me some response or a tech support number to call thank you again.