Use Proxy With Utorrent Or Azureus

General Discussion about ChrisPC Anonymous Proxy Pro - Protect your privacy and surf anonymously
JOHNNY
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by JOHNNY »

Greetings, i am using yur great tool to protect my privacy , is it possible to use this proxy with utorrent or azureus .I tryed to find a topic about it , but there isn't?
Thanks for answer ;)
charlot

Post by charlot »

I have the same question.
Does anyone has the answer?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

At the moment the proxy can be used only for browsing.
For using it with torrents it would have a very low speed.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Use Proxy With Utorrent Or Azureus

Post by Chris »

You can find a setup guide for configuring utorrent to use the anonymous proxy:
http://proxy.chris-pc.com/how-to-downlo ... rrent.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JohnnyArmani

Post by JohnnyArmani »

Im trying to use your proxy through Utorrent and put in all the info I needed to into Utorrent but now when i try to download a torrent is says "Connenting to peers" and does not download. Is there anything im missing?? (i even have put in the new port of 9060 for 5.0)
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Does the proxy work correctly with your browser ?
mowk

Post by mowk »

Hi, I have the same problem of downloading not starting in utorrent (it was working a few months ago).
Proxy server is working fine in web browsing.

I noticed that when I change the proxy server type from socks 5 to socks 4, it's another story:
downloading starts within a minut, up to my internet provider limit.
I also noticed, in that configuration, that nodes number (DHT) increase quickly (in socks 5, it stays to " waiting to login").

So, my subsidiary question is: are we still Anonymous downloading in socks 4? (given that when I "browse" it shows a proxy ip as expected)

thank's
lix33

Post by lix33 »

Hi, I have the same question as mowk. Utorrent does not work unless I change the server type to socks 4. I'm wondering if I'm still anonymous. When I run a torrent ip check it appears to be working and only lists the ip from the specified country chrispc is giving it. I don't see anything that would lead me to think otherwise. I would appreciate your input though.
Thanks for your time.
Skapan

Post by Skapan »

I noticed the same thing with the Socks4 and 5, with DHT being disabled in socks5. I sent some files to a friend in socks4 configuration, and my real isp was shown. Only the flag of the country was the one that I picked. Therefore, it is not anonymous using socks4.

It doesn't seed in socks5 mode, I checked using a laptop and a desktop. As soon as I switched to socks4 it began to seed, and showed my real ext. isp. Web-browsing is anonymous, but not torrenting.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Skapan wrote:I noticed the same thing with the Socks4 and 5, with DHT being disabled in socks5. I sent some files to a friend in socks4 configuration, and my real isp was shown. Only the flag of the country was the one that I picked. Therefore, it is not anonymous using socks4.

It doesn't seed in socks5 mode, I checked using a laptop and a desktop. As soon as I switched to socks4 it began to seed, and showed my real ext. isp. Web-browsing is anonymous, but not torrenting.
Did you also checked all the Proxy Privacy options in uTorrent when using socks4 ?

If this doesn't help, you can try to use the HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1:8130 this will forward all the request to socks4a proxy.