Proxy Giving Wrong Country

General Discussion about ChrisPC Anonymous Proxy Pro - Protect your privacy and surf anonymously
oswald
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by oswald »

When I select UK using Anonymous Proxy Mode (for Firefox only) I find when I open Firefox that I have an IP address of 37.130.227.133 This pans out as northern France. Northern France is not the UK.
SFwriter

Re: Proxy Giving Wrong Country

Post by SFwriter »

On the surface, it seems to have an easy solution. Open the settings, Select anonymous proxy mode in the top pull-down, and DESELECT Force Use of an Anonymous Proxy when connection speed is slow. That was getting me a proxy in Poland as often as not.
AmaroC75

Post by AmaroC75 »

Hello to everyone! Glad there is a forum and FAQ.

I am experiencing the same problem. The app works like a charm but for two weeks, it connects 1 time out of 5. I am using almost daily a Swiss proxy and Google doesn't switch until I refresh the page, finding myself...on an Indian proxy. I tried the advice above but it's still the same! Thanks to anyone who could help!
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please give more details about your browser version, operating system, software version.
AmaroC75

Post by AmaroC75 »

Hello Chris,

I'm using Windows 8.1, Chrome and the latest version of your app. The issue is the same on Firefox and IE. Worked two days ago when I switched my computer on - the latter switched off after being inactive and when I switched it back on, the app didn't work until now, I'm still in India :-)
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Try to reset the proxy from the browsers:
1. Close all browsers.
2. Launch ChrisPC Proxy and set the proxy you want to use.
3. Connect to a proxy.
4. Close ChrisPC Proxy and relaunch it.
AmaroC75

Post by AmaroC75 »

Hello Chris,

I have the same problem again for about ten days :) It's redirecting me to Poland when I want to access the Swiss proxy. I tried what you previously posted but it's still the same - sometimes, it connects to Germany. It happened when I downloaded the latest version. Thanks for any help you could give me!

Best,

Amaro