IP does not change

General Discussion about ChrisPC Anonymous Proxy Pro - Protect your privacy and surf anonymously
It-Is-Me
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

IP does not change

Post by It-Is-Me »

Hello there!
I have been using this program without any problems on a Windows 7 laptop from about version 5.10, but since the last update (5.30), none of the proxy servers seem to have worked. The program tells me that I have connected, but when I go to check and use it (checking on http://www.whatismyip.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and using on multiple sites) I find that my IP address has not changed. I tried some of the things suggested in previous threads, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. (perhaps something is different for this web browser, or I missed something?). What could be the problem?
If it helps, I am using the latest (I think) version of Google Chrome, and have also tried older versions of Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE and Maxathon Cloud Browser.

Help/support would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
~It-Is-Me
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: IP does not change

Post by Chris »

Do you use any third party software that changes your computer proxy or some new browser add-ons that you didn't use before?
Version 5.40 works the same as 5.10 regarding the browser settings.
It-Is-Me

Post by It-Is-Me »

Hello.
Unless my antivirus program changed any settings, or the browser updated and changed something, then the only notable thing which is unlikely to have changed the settings is this (which should only change things for that particular website?)
I will look over as many internet settings/options I can see - it is possible that I changed something, or something changed without me noticing...
~It-Is-Me
It-Is-Me

Post by It-Is-Me »

Hello again. I am still having the same problem. I installed and disabled a number of extensions, add-ons, and programs none of which seem to have made a difference. This is unlikely to help, but would any of the following (to your knowledge) have changed settings? As far as I could guess, they wouldn't...

Thanks.

Edit: Other things that have been added/updated since the picture above include:
Mozilla Firefox 24.7.0
paint.net
Microsoft Silverlight
Skype 6.18
ChrisPC Free Anonymous Proxy 5.40
~It-Is-Me
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

What Antivirus software do you use?
It-Is-Me

Post by It-Is-Me »

Avast Antivirus (free)
~It-Is-Me
RockThePalladium

Post by RockThePalladium »

It-Is-Me wrote:...the only notable thing which is unlikely to have changed the settings is this (which should only change things for that particular website?)
I would be curious to know how you fixed it...unless it was related to the website you think it was.

I developed the problem much later...2020 or 2021 (literally just noticed). I think it might be related to DNS interception by the ISP. See these links (but the fix is related to commercial software...) It seems the open-source software was taken over by a corporation?