Audio Capture Drivers Won't Install

General Discussion about ChrisTV PVR Software
Clarry
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Clarry »

I have an old Bt878 TV card than I am trying to use in my computer. I once had it in my daughters’ computer when it stopped working. I thought it had burn out from a lightning strike 2 years ago and never got around to replacing it until now. I recently bought a new card for her, when I installed it I found it wouldn't work either. I tried it in a different slot and it worked fine.
That's when I realised the original card was probably ok too. So I put it in my computer and it works fine. Except I get no sound. I have read all the advise on different forums about trying different drivers, checking cables, unchecking Messenger in Nortons, and so on. I've tried it all.
Then just today I realised that when I go to SYSTEM/DEVICE MANAGER and check the SOUND VIDEO & GAME CONTROLLERS the WDM Video Capture is fine but the WDM Audio Capture has no drivers installed. I try installing drivers and it all seems to go well but when I'm finished it still tells me there are no drivers installed and I still get no sound.
If anyone has any idea of what's going on I would appreciate the help,
Thanks.
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

Try to find card model printed on board (This will help you to find suitable driver, because only difference in BT8X8 based cards is sound chip and RC).