Pvr500 Can't Preview And Record At The Same Time

General Discussion about ChrisTV PVR Software
r0680306
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by r0680306 »

I can preview one channel and record another channel 2 days ago by checking "use LIVE preview mode without MPEG hardware encoding" & "Force Audio Output". Yesterday I checked "Fix Image Quality on channel switch" and today I can no longer preview while record. I tried changing "Use Overlay Mixer", "Fix Image Quality on channel switch" and "Disable Video Preview while Recording" in MPEG Hardware Recordin Setting, all failed.
I also find that Screen Capture is not working. The "captured" image is 0kb size and can't be displayed.
Please help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please give more details about the problem, what error message do you encounter ?
Regarding image capture, change the video rendering to VMR9.
r0680306

Post by r0680306 »

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I used instant recording instead of scheduler so that I can't preview with the second tuner. I find out this is a known issue from an old post. I hope you can eliminate this limitation in future release.
I also tried tuner 1 record through scheduler and tuner 2 record instantly, it works!
The screen capture works now, thanks.
I also find out that if both tuners works at the same time, Use Overlay Mixer will be automatically turned off, is this normal?