Almost Figured Out How To Capture The Timeshift

General Discussion about ChrisTV PVR Software
tjcinnamon
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by tjcinnamon »

Thanks for your continued support, and soon I will be out of your hair,

I have been through a long process of trying how to figure out how to capture the timeshift . So I could rewind and capture what was on the screen at that moment. Last night I had a stroke of genius. I tried screen capture software. Most screen capture software allows you to isolate an application and it will record whatever is on screen.

Problem almost solved. I tried Fraps the leader in in-game capture software it worked great except the problem is it's only for 3d (directx or OpenGL) so the capture is real choppy, The other 30+ (including reputable developers software: Camtasia, SnagIt, GameCamPro, Adobe Captivate 3) I tried were unable to see the ChrisTV video screen. It would just record blank or black footage with their water mark over the top.the next. The last one I tried, at 3am, was Screen Virtuoso. It worked! with moderate results :( (intermitant crashes)

My question is:

Does anyone have any idea why desktop screen capture devices are unable to see the ChrisTV window? Perhaps if I can figure that out, I can select the correct software to capture the ChrisTV timeshifted window!

Thanks, JOe K.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

You can try to change the Video Rendering mode to VMR9.