Command Line Options For Broadcast

General Discussion about ChrisTV PVR Software
Omnius
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Omnius »

Hello Chris !

Slightly delayed, just started using CTV 5.20 and was amazed by the ease of the new Broadcast feature, and that it actually works.. :)
I have tested it with both XP on wireless laptops and wired clients on XP/W2K3, and all I can say is, it bloddy works.
Laptops gets a lil slow using the 3000kbs profile on WPA protected wifi, but that was expected as it does need its own overhead, but 1500-2000kbs seems fine.

Now, reason I post now is, Im curious as to if its possible to make this easier for non-tech persons to administrate with shortcuts or command line batch files.

Can I make a shortcut to Chris-TV Pro, with options to startup, select a predefined channel, and start the broadcast with the last used settings, like profile and no tv on host option ?

I have other users of the TV gear in the house, and rather than instruct anyone with the procedure, it would make things straight forward if I could make a folder with shortcuts for the 5-10 most used channels, predefined to start broadcasting, and the "client" could go to her, yes, her, I cant hide its a women thing with the technical stuff not fitting all that well.. heh :P

Is it possible Chris ?

Sincerely

Omnius
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Can I make a shortcut to Chris-TV Pro, with options to startup, select a predefined channel, and start the broadcast with the last used settings, like profile and no tv on host option ?
There is no command line or method to do this at the moment, but we can add custom features to ChrisTV. If you are interested please send an email to Image with details about the custom feature you want.