Youtube is acting up

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Danv
Advanced Member
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Youtube is acting up

Post by Danv »

re: Videotube Downloader v14.24.0323 on Win11 Pro.

Youtube seems to be acting up! When I drag and drop videos (well, their thumbnails) into the download list, approximately 70% of the times I do not get the video that I expected. Instead, I get a 5 minutes long 360p MP4 Dash video, 0.30MB in size, without sound, that only shows an error message against a black background. The error message is: "The following content is not available on this app. Watch this content on the latest version of Youtube".

I think the problem is very easy to reproduce. Just drag and drop a Youtube video repeatedly from your browser into Videotube. 10 times or so. Some entries in the download list will look OK (e.g. 720 HD - MP4 Dash [3.27 MB] ) but some will say 360p - MP4 Dash [0.30MB] and those are the weird ones with the error message.

(p.s. I do not use the 'quick drag and drop' mode)
aznshow

Re: Youtube is acting up

Post by aznshow »

Same here. Most of the videos which are usually at 1080p or 2160p are appearing as 360p max. I have to input the same video multiple times to get the proper video resolution. Youtube can be really annoying every time it makes these kinds of changes.
Hope ChrisPC will get this issue sorted soon. Thanks!
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

Thanks for confirming the problem, Aznshow!

I'll attach an example of the weird 'error code videos'. I tried to download this music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CK72kMb_U

And what I got is the attached .MP4 file (I have zipped it).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Try latest version 14.24.0330 should fix this.
aznshow

Post by aznshow »

Oh wow! It is out already? That is so fast! Not even the version History has been updated yet. Many thanks as always!
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

Chris wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 21:09 Try latest version 14.24.0330 should fix this.
So it does -- thanks very much!! :-)