Inability to download from BBC iPlayer Radio website

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
WavRyder
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Inability to download from BBC iPlayer Radio website

Post by WavRyder »

I can normally use ChrisPC Free VideoTube Downloader Pro to download BBC Radio programmes relatively quickly by copying the URL of the link on BBC Sounds or BBC Radio iPlayer. This results in a "video file" which can either be converted separately after download with a conversion program or by ticking the box "Convert Downloaded Videos to" and then specifying .mp3 as the file type.
However this is currently not working for me. The process appears to take place but literally takes seconds and shows File Ready to Play and no file has been created or sometimes shows Conversion Failed (but there's no video file from which to make a conversion).
I am using version 11.02.28 of ChrisPC Free VideoTube Downloader Pro & I am using Windows 10 Home Version 1903 Build 18351.1
Is this happening because of the Windows OS version/build or have the BBC altered something in their links?
WavRyder

Re: Inability to download from BBC iPlayer Radio website

Post by WavRyder »

example of link which is not working would be https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002z88

This results in the normal dialogue box (see copy of box below) asking which video format - I usually select 25fps as I'm not interested in the "video file" as such.
Then clicking on the down arrow button, the text alongside changes to Starting to Download and within a second or two show File Ready to Play - but it isn't.
WavRyder

Post by WavRyder »

dialogue box as mentioned above
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WavRyder

Post by WavRyder »

I have just discovered the problem solution. My current Windows OS build has a problem with downloading (saving) files to anywhere other than the Downloads folder. Once I changed the Download Folder to "Downloads", the download progressed properly.
I have informed Windows Insider Feedback of this problem on previous builds and for a while the problem with saving files was fixed, but looks like the current build is problematic again - not an uncommon problem with version 1903 builds at the moment, sadly.
Best wishes
Mike
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Probably your user account does not have enough rights to write in the selected folders.