YouTube Download Pro Issue v11.09.05

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Neil_B
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

YouTube Download Pro Issue v11.09.05

Post by Neil_B »

Beginning today (around 10 a.m. Eastern time US) selected YouTube videos try to come up in the VideoTube Downloader Pro window but vanish before displaying relevant video data. Subsequent clicks on 'Paste and Add to List' button present the same observation. Have tried on different videos, with different resolutions, from different countries.
Videos are not being added to History as well.

11.09.05 has been installed for several days.
The platform is Windows 10 Pro on a Gig speed connection

Up to this morning everything in the program has worked fine, but have noticed several video downloads starting rapidly, then slowing to a crawl (ending in periodically failures) especially if watching the same video that is being downloaded. This is not as prevalent, if the video being watched is different than the one downloading. Subsequent retries of failed videos are typically successful.

All videos I have selected after this began play perfectly.
VDP has been re-installed over the top (no uninstall first), and the computer has been re-booted twice in this process..
matthewds73

Latest Pro Ver. not Showing added items

Post by matthewds73 »

Hi team,

I just upgraded to latest ChrisPC VT-dl Pro.
but it fails to added the YuoTube Link information when added
it fails to show the list of vids from any links, thus i can start Downloads

help were is the database hidden so that i can make a backup and restore of downloads, i dont want to loose them...

.help
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: YouTube Download Pro Issue v11.09.05

Post by Chris »

YouTube made some changes the last 2 days, but reverted back the changes for now.

Do you still encounter problems?
Neil_B

Post by Neil_B »

As of now.. ALL video downloads are again executing the way you intend.
Video Download weirdness poof gone. This must drive you crazy. Thanks!!
Neil_B

Post by Neil_B »

NEW Issue. Over the last 7 to 10 days with [v11.09.20 of YTD] and capturing mostly 1080p MP4 YouTube videos.. the download stream appears to continue at a fairly steady rate until it nears the final parts of the video where it will stall--then continue at a very slow rate before completing (sometime minutes later). Typically the final 4 or 5 parts, but it has stalled as far back as 50%.. Audio stream is steady to completion. Download reattempts show similar, but not exact, observations and outcomes.

Found an incomplete video download and checked other downloads since this behavior was noticed and found video portions of those files to be incomplete. The video size reflects what is probably true content with solid audio track, but only video for actual saved portions. When I have been able to go back and complete the same video with solid results, the video size on disk is more realistic to the expected content. During 'play' of the incomplete videos at some point the audio will continue but the image will freeze and remain, typically much earlier than the 'part' stall would indicate.

This stall pattern behavior actually began back when we had the earlier problem of disappearing videos, but those stalls typically caused YTD reported failures in the download. Better than current observation, since stalls create numerous incomplete (but unknown status) video files.

P.S. Took a 4 hour break then retried an incomplete file from the morning and a completely new one. The 1st (a repeat) showed similar conditions as the morning. Similarly sized good files were clustered around 150MB; it was 42.7. The latest.. a new 2m44s video file which should have dropped at around 100MB was the size of an audio file on disk (5541) and displayed one still image when viewed. Its' link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 846uCPyJA8 both after download completion to PLAY arrow no no errors.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Do you use a VPN connection? or your internet connection is slow?
Neil_B

Post by Neil_B »

Do not as a general rule use VPN.. and in this case, no.
Internet is Gigabit [Wired speed around 870.. My wireless connection to my bridged router is typically 215 to 250. Wireless is my standard connection.
Have used your Anonymous Proxy Pro with YouTube at times when country restrictions raised their head, but not as a general rule.
ALL other sites for my purposes work well.. just YouTube, and just when they are trying new things to stop download software.
Just last night I downloaded an HD live TV Nolwenn Leroy Concert from southern France in seconds with your software.
It is beautiful.. muxing is cool.. Just YouTube. and only at times.
Its' almost like they are watching for your software's signature and toying with the downloader until they give up.

also on the Video parts thing.. 95% of the time
if there are 73 parts then it will slow to a crawl at around 69
if there are 33 parts.. 29 53 parts.. 49; etc.
So! the stall seems to be keyed to completing and closing down the download.
Neil_B

Post by Neil_B »

Just before leaving for work (0900 Eastern Time) it happened again..
This was the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TVARfklUAc
Parts stopped at 2 parts shy.. and did not budge for 1 minutes but completed.
Also noticed the [ortion complete at botton stalled around 50%
File size is 54 and video stopped playing about half-way through.

the portion below is from earlier this morning.

I was able to re-execute successfully on all 1080 YouTube clips in which the previous attempted video download was incomplete this morning (East Coast Time 0530-0630.
15 total incomplete files were found.
File sizes on disk were typically under 70 before re-execution and 100 to 130 after
Dates were typically from the 23rd to the 29th
The video trail across your dialog box was faster today; and, although, at times, there was a small delay in the last 4 parts, the slow down was much shorter and no file issues were found in the finished product.

I'll try a few later today to see if errors have any relation to time of day.
Neil

Again! Thanks for your program. and thanks for your support