Error: "This is not a valid Youtube video link" - FIXED!

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Danv
Advanced Member
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Error: "This is not a valid Youtube video link" - FIXED!

Post by Danv »

Since a week or so, I'm very often getting this error message when I want to add a video to the download list:

"This is not a valid Youtube video link or Internet connection is blocked"

When it happens, it often works correctly when I try once more or when I use a different method (e.g. copying the link instead of dragging & dropping it into the list). Still, it's annoying when it happens. Also, once it starts happening, most of the consecutive Youtube links that I add will have the same problem until I reboot the computer.

Does anyone else see this too? Believe it or not but I'm still on XP, so I'm hesitant to report problems, but I thought that maybe this would happen on newer Windows platforms too.
Last edited by Danv on 23 Jul 2021, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.
ferret
Advanced Member

Re: Error: "This is not a valid Youtube video link"

Post by ferret »

ive seen this too... and sometimes it puts the file up without the title. im just checking to see if theres a new update for release
ferret
Advanced Member

Post by ferret »

actually have just downloaded the latest update - version 12.17.18 and its doing it on that as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0QLQhmRnE4

this link took three attempts for example
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

Yes, exactly. I use the latest version as well, and I'm running into this problem with a lot of YT videos.. maybe even most YT videos right now.

The one that you linked gave me the error too when I copied it to the clipboard (I have the clipboard monitor on), but it worked when I pressed the Paste button.
Oliver Hetherington

Post by Oliver Hetherington »

I am having the same problem. Some YT files paste each time. Otherspaste occasionally but at other time I get the error message.
ferret
Advanced Member

Post by ferret »

hopefully they will be looking into it... they are normally pretty on the ball when it comes to sorting out issues
Inventor

Post by Inventor »

I found if I just keep hitting the paste and add to link it will finally work.. 3 or 4 hits..
It almost acts like a timing issue. I turned off all A/V and firewalls, no effect..
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please try version 12.17.19, it should fix the issue.
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

Chris wrote:Please try version 12.17.19, it should fix the issue.
Sure did, thank you Chris! I love how you always fix issues so quickly! :-)

I also love how you have made the program more stable a couple of months ago.. it used to crash often when I deleted videos from the download list (especially when the list grew longer). That problem is gone as well.
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

Danv wrote: Sure did, thank you Chris!
Oops, I spoke too soon! It worked fine for a short while, but now I cannot load *any* Youtube video.

They all give me the "This is not a valid Youtube video link.." error message, after trying for approximately 7 seconds. Even after I reboot the PC, this error message comes up when I try to load a YT video, and no video can be downloaded.

p.s. Edited to add..: Going back to v12.17.18 doesn't help either, could it be that Youtube is actively trying to block the downloader?