Download takes forever to get the information

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Wizard33
Advanced Member
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Download takes forever to get the information

Post by Wizard33 »

I am trying to download a site from animal planet and chris pc like stalls sits at 1% saying getting download information When it downloaded last version it didn't mux right it only did like 6mbs of the show. It takes over 10 mins to get download information. https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/t ... -treehouse if you wanna try it just needs cable long in. I had 12.17.18 before on this issue so i installed 12.17.20 thinking it would go quicker and it didn't. This is a fresh install of chris pc.
Wizard33
Advanced Member

Re: Download takes forever to get the information

Post by Wizard33 »

Ok it took a long time together but it downloaded a muxed correctly this time so help not needed anymore.
Wizard33
Advanced Member

Post by Wizard33 »

I changed my mind i do need help something is weird going on it downloaded mux fine but it skips. i tried powerdvd 19 vlc media player and still skips. I tried and redownloaded it to see maybe it downloaded wrong but now it wont even mux it saids per pairing mp4 but nothing happens. Is this a bug or something going on? I thought it was my drive so i used my m2 ssd c drive and it didnt even mux anything as in no videos on c drive.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Do you use a VPN?

If your connection is slow or through a VPN or DNS, you can adjust how many parts can be downloaded at same time, so there won't be any skipping issues.
By default is it set to 6 parts downloaded at same time.

Go to Settings->Advanced Settings and lower the M3U8 and MPD download threads to 1-2 parts at a time.
Wizard33
Advanced Member

Post by Wizard33 »

I have a 200mps connection. I did fix the connection issue with spectrum. It use to be on the fly to get the download information. Is there a bug on the auto muxing issue the step where it goes preparing mp4 but nothing shows up on a second time but that takes a extremely long time for it to prepare the mp4 after download. The first time it created a mp4 but it skips i tested the page and no skip of the video. But then i retried a second time to see maybe a bad download at first it gets to the steps to create a mp4 but second time nothing shows up as a video on my pc. I know its not my pc cause it has a amd ryzen 3600 in so it cant be that. Should i keep retrying or maybe you could try? The skip is just at the start where it shows the guy packing to build a tree house.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Make sure you get M3U8 starting with:
https://content.uplynk.com/

If it's not appearing try to refresh the page.