Can't install the program anymore

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Allan Landall
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

The Executable File is Being Deleted

Post by Allan Landall »

Currently using version 12.18.18. After having a lot of trouble with the "not a valid YouTube link" 12.18.18 finally seemed to solve that recurring issue. However, I discovered today, when wanting to using ChrisPC, that I couldn't, because the *.exe file (chrispctube.exe) had been deleted from my system - all by itself.

I tried to download the free version again from the ChrisPC Website, but Norton flagged it up as unsafe due to something called "PUA.Superfluss". I eventually managed to bypass this, but every time I reinstalled ChrisPC, the chrispctube.exe file, was deleted. Something doesn't want this file on my system and is deleting it. Any ideas? Because I'm at a loss as to what to do right now. Allan.
puuorava

Can't install the program anymore

Post by puuorava »

Hello,

I'm getting warnings (both from Windows 8.1 and Avast 12) when clicking the EXE file.

Avast game me the malware warning. Unfortunately, I can't remember the warning by Windows, but it said something like "Can't find the file...".

The file was automatically removed from my computer.
RainOfTerror

PUA.Superfluss Warning

Post by RainOfTerror »

Norton keeps warning me about that the latest versions (18.18) is suspect for PUA.Superfluss.

It keeps deleting the file as soon as it's downloaded, but even when I force norton to allow it, it gives me another PUA.Superfluss warning when installing and blocks the install.

What's going on ?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Can't install the program anymore

Post by Chris »

This is a false positive.

Please download latest version 12.18.29.