Some YT videos downloads too slowly (hours even)

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
aznshow
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Some YT videos downloads too slowly (hours even)

Post by aznshow »

Hi. So I have the above issue that has been happening for weeks. But it has grown too bad in a way that I know have too many videos that get this issue. Out of the 10 videos, 3 downloaded just fine in around 5 seconds or less which is the norm for a 1Gbps connection. But the rest.... A 17:17 minute video that is just 887MB should have downloaded in seconds as well end up downloading in hours. With ridiculously slow download speeds. When checking the history section on VTD, it will say 'Video Download has failed' with that triangle and an '!' icon being displayed on those very slow download videos.

The only way that I can solve this is to input multiple instances of the same video into VTD and then try downloading 1 by 1 to see which will download at the normal fast rate. I will have to do this for every individual video. So out of 10, if 7 failed, then I'll have to do that method more than 7 times until I managed to download every single video in a slow painstaking way.

I hope you can help get this issue resolved. They are not M3U8 files. They are normal WebM video formats that download normally with file sizes and ETAs. Not by parts like an M3U8 file would.

Currently, even when I tried to apply 4 of the same videos, all 4 will still download slowly. Even more than 4 of the same video even. So I am now at a loss. I don't want to wait for hours like as if I have a slow internet just to get these YT videos. So I am writing this in the hopes that this issue can be fixed. Thank you for your assistances on this matter.

PS. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. But the same issue still persists. As per normal, I have the settings maxed out such as multithreaded downloads and 10x speeds, unlimited downloads and all.
Excelsior

Re: Some YT videos downloads too slowly (hours even)

Post by Excelsior »

Hi aznshow, I work in a team where we process lots of YT videos on a daily basis with the ChrisPC software and we also have been experiencing this issue, which is frustrating at times. From what we were able to find out it came to light that the low download speeds are a result of changes in YouTube's algorithm. Hopefully a fix wil be released soon!
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Try latest version 14.21.1014, it should work better for those videos.
aznshow

Post by aznshow »

Would you look at that. And this is why I LOVE Chris. You report and it will get instant fix in a few days. :wub:

It's been years and years and his support for his product is still up there. You can trust that if anything's wrong with your app, just inform him and he'll be there to fix it in no time. Can't thank ChrisPC enough.
aznshow

Post by aznshow »

Hi. It seems that there's a new problem currently. One being that when adding a video, it will sometimes say 'Video is Unavailable. And you'll have to personally click on 'Paste and Add to list' sometimes multiple times before the video is accepted as seen in the picture below.

And similarly, downloads are again, taking so long.

Does anyone else also have this issue? Because I've been having this issue for a while. But it is starting to become a nuisance with it happening more often. Thus, the need to post this. Looking forward to a positive outcome as always. ^_^

Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

aznshow wrote: 14 Apr 2023, 08:39 Hi. It seems that there's a new problem currently. One being that when adding a video, it will sometimes say 'Video is Unavailable. And you'll have to personally click on 'Paste and Add to list' sometimes multiple times before the video is accepted as seen in the picture below.

Does anyone else also have this issue? Because I've been having this issue for a while. But it is starting to become a nuisance with it happening more often. Thus, the need to post this. Looking forward to a positive outcome as always. ^_^

Which version do you use? Make sure you are running latest version.
aznshow

Post by aznshow »

Chris wrote: 14 Apr 2023, 09:02
aznshow wrote: 14 Apr 2023, 08:39 Hi. It seems that there's a new problem currently. One being that when adding a video, it will sometimes say 'Video is Unavailable. And you'll have to personally click on 'Paste and Add to list' sometimes multiple times before the video is accepted as seen in the picture below.

Which version do you use? Make sure you are running latest version.
Yes, I am on the latest version 14.23.0408
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Check latest version 14.23.0414
aznshow

Post by aznshow »

Will do. Thanks!