All4 missing parts at end

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
inbetweener
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

All4 missing parts at end

Post by inbetweener »

Hi,

Noticed this recently with Link Finder Expert on 14.21.1123 only on All4 so far - was working fine earlier. Not all parts are being downloaded and seems related to the number of threads set.

So for example, a 507 part download - using 8 threads will stop downloading at 501 video parts before starting the audio part download. With 4 threads it stopped at 504 video parts and with a single thread it got 506 parts but looks complete when playing back. Very easy to reproduce consistently.

Thanks!
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: All4 missing parts at end

Post by Chris »

This might be if your connection is slow or through a VPN.

You can adjust how many parts can be downloaded at same time, so there won't be any skipping issues. By default is it set to 6 parts downloaded at same time.

Go to Settings->Advanced Settings and lower the M3U8 and MPD download threads to 1-2 parts at a time.
inbetweener

Post by inbetweener »

It's not a skipping issue. It's the end of the video being cut off when using more than one thread and appears to be All4 specific. No issues with connection speed here.
freestlr

Post by freestlr »

I've encountered the same issue, only after checking many downloads too.

Even with the same settings this isn't consistent, perhaps due to latency and VPN as suggested, although my local speed is quite good. I downloaded 1 file 3 times, and each time it ended in a different place with the same settings at 4 parts.